Did Man make God?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I agree but thats not instinct thats learned and modified behavior. Our instinct is not so good.

Our instincts are to crave structure. We intuitively understand that we have to learn how to get along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't say that I only believe in the biological workings of the body. I simply don't believe in a god.

My definition of good and evil are likely very similar to your own.

So if there is no God where do Good and Evil come from?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
don't know. Maybe it's our instincts honed over tens of thousands of years, codified in different ways by different societies and sub cultures.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Our instincts are to crave structure. We intuitively understand that we have to learn how to get along.

right we have to learn to behave

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
don't know. Maybe it's our instincts honed over tens of thousands of years, codified in different ways by different societies and sub cultures.

Or its divine intervention

OP
K-man

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The concept of "good" and "evil" is totally subjective. Muslims believe in the same God as Christians. There are many practices in the Muslim religeon such as stoning and beheadings that I would classify as evil. The worship of images is considered evil by Islam. I think think that good and evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
:asian:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If that's what you believe, more power to you. Can we agree that there are other possible explanations?

I've never said there wasnt.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The concept of "good" and "evil" is totally subjective. Muslims believe in the same God as Christians. There are many practices in the Muslim religeon such as stoning and beheadings that I would classify as evil. The worship of images is considered evil by Islam. I think think that good and evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
:asian:
Religion is different then God. Religion is man made.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Placing the lives of others at stake is not a sin? What the hell not?

That does sound reasonable, it's not right to risk other people's lives
A text isn't worth ending someone's life killing is a sin. But if someone got lucky and didn't hurt anyone is it still a sin? I know it's against the law either way but not all laws are sins, not all sins are apart of the law.
You make a point, I'm no not surety if it is or isn't but either way it shouldn't be done

Latest Discussions