Destruction of equipment and personal property

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have any of you everdealt with someone destrying any portion of your school or your equipment on purpose and if not if somebody did what would you do to them as far as charges and keeping them around?

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Either they would need to pay for immediate repair / replacement or authorities would be contacted (Unless it was nominal).

Keeping them around? Most likely not but there could be reasons why they'd be allowed to stay.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What were the circumstances? Are talking criminal mischief, deliberate carelessness, or a temper tantrum?

Criminal mischief, I'd prosecute it. And demand restitution as part of the sentence.

Deliberate carelessness or just trying to prove he can do it, and I'd be weighing whether the person needs to be in the school. And they'd be paying for the fixes.

Temper tantrum? Probably be billed for the damages, and kicked out.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Jks9199 pretty much hits it on the head on how I would deal with it. Hope that all is well Terry and if you need to talk give me a call!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What were the circumstances? Are talking criminal mischief, deliberate carelessness, or a temper tantrum?

Criminal mischief, I'd prosecute it. And demand restitution as part of the sentence.

Deliberate carelessness or just trying to prove he can do it, and I'd be weighing whether the person needs to be in the school. And they'd be paying for the fixes.

Temper tantrum? Probably be billed for the damages, and kicked out.

well, you break it, you buy it.

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
Have any of you everdealt with someone destrying any portion of your school or your equipment on purpose and if not if somebody did what would you do to them as far as charges and keeping them around?

They would have to pay to replace, repair the property if the did not then I would ask them to leave and decide if the court cost would be worth the cost of replacement. If they paid to replace, repair I would then have to decide why they did what they did and if it was worth keeping that person. They would also have to show that they were sorry for what they did.