Destroy Every Mosque

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Destroy all churches
Obama silent while Saudi grand mufti targets Christianity

By THE WASHINGTON TIMES EXCERPT:

Friday, March 16, 2012
If the pope called for the destruction of all the mosques in Europe, the uproar would be cataclysmic. Pundits would lambaste the church, the White House would rush out a statement of deep concern, and rioters in the Middle East would kill each other in their grief. But when the most influential leader in the Muslim world issues a fatwa to destroy Christian churches, the silence is deafening.

On March 12, Sheik Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, the grand mufti of Saudi Arabia, declared that it is "necessary to destroy all the churches of the region." The ruling came in response to a query from a Kuwaiti delegation over proposed legislation to prevent construction of churches in the emirate. The mufti based his decision on a story that on his deathbed, Muhammad declared, "There are not to be two religions in the [Arabian] Peninsula." This passage has long been used to justify intolerance in the kingdom. Churches have always been banned in Saudi Arabia, and until recently Jews were not even allowed in the country. Those wishing to worship in the manner of their choosing must do so hidden away in private, and even then the morality police have been known to show up unexpectedly and halt proceedings.

This is not a small-time radical imam trying to stir up his followers with fiery hate speech. This was a considered, deliberate and specific ruling from one of the most important leaders in the Muslim world. It does not just create a religious obligation for those over whom the mufti has direct authority; it is also a signal to others in the Muslim world that destroying churches is not only permitted but mandatory.
END EXCERPT

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aye, they destroyed those wonderful 90 foot tall Buddahs out in Pakistan (?).
Question is knowing that the Christians won't stand for it (not for long anyway), what will it lead to? A Jihad? Another Crusade?

By any other name it's still ... war.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Islam is apparently not as peaceful a religion as they wish to proclaim. But I don't know that this is what all Muslims would want to do. A Pakistani I used to work with related that some Christians had once aided the Prophet and based on that he had said Muslims were to be kind to Christians. I don't know any more about that, and certainly there are radicals that don't agree. But there are so-called Christians that think all Muslims should be killed only because of their religion. Not what the Bible tells us.

MA Caver - that was the Taliban in Afganistan. And it was a cultural loss.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Islam is apparently not as peaceful a religion as they wish to proclaim. But I don't know that this is what all Muslims would want to do. A Pakistani I used to work with related that some Christians had once aided the Prophet and based on that he had said Muslims were to be kind to Christians. I don't know any more about that, and certainly there are radicals that don't agree. But there are so-called Christians that think all Muslims should be killed only because of their religion. Not what the Bible tells us.
IIRC, Muslims, Christians and Jews are all "People of the book"
MA Caver - that was the Taliban in Afganistan. And it was a cultural loss.
The Taliban are radical Islamists

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Unfortunately these poor (I mean disgustingly wealthy) and fanatical men are not, I believe, merely misguided and decontextualising the word of their faith. I believe they are directed by another force; a cabal. Being bankrolled by their own oil money that we in the West have largely placed in their hands, and towing in their wake a great number of disillusioned young Muslims suffering both the perception and the reality of persecution and warmongering from the West, it is not difficult to see how this will tie in nicely with plans for our next global war.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a very sensible move, either domestically or internationally, for the Saudi Grand Mufti.

Those here that know me well know that I have little time for religions but even I, who would wish that the odd genetic twist that makes us believe such things could be 'cured', would never advocate attempts at suppression. For one thing it is morally dubious to do such a thing and for another, in purely practical terms, to try is to intensify and harden resistance. It's a losing proposition whichever way you look at it, especially if, rather than getting rid of all religions, you selectively attack just one.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically it is a good vs evil doctrine, they are all good and everyone else is evil. We will fight to the end to preserve freedom and they will fight till the end to destroy it.......... No amount of talking or negotiating will suffice.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Many Muslims see what the West is doing in their neighborhoods as another Crusade. I don't condone what this "Grand Mufti" (that name is ****ing hilarious) has proclaimed, but it makes a certain tragic sense when viewed through that lens.

Latest Discussions