Dennis Conatser Seminar

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter
I dont understand how you can steal knowledge that is supposed to be shared ??

Show me where is it said that the material I teach is to be shared????

Regardless.... I "DO" SHARE my knowledge and often ......... But I also get to choose what, how much, and with whom.

Is it the fact that everyone is not paying $$ again every time they are watching it?

Hmmmmmm, well if thats how you think ....... I suppose you don't need to be compensated for your services every time you patrol the streets ....... and I bet you even feel that you deserve a raise also .............. right? :rofl:

I think you understand.

:asian:

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Hmmmmmm, well if thats how you think ....... I suppose you don't need to be compensated for your services every time you patrol the streets ....... and I bet you even feel that you deserve a raise also .............. right? :rofl:

I think you understand.

I understand the compensation part....my issue was with the "stealing knowledge" I just dont undestand how you can "steal" kenpo...no offense to you Mr. C I know you worked hard for what you do and you know your stuff better then 99% of the people out there I wasnt even really talking about the seminar......I just dont see the stealing thing I dont understand how you can steal knowledge...... and YES I would love a raise!!! Too bad the city counsel is too busy giving themselves one for all the hard work they do. Knowledge dies when it isnt shared is what i believed

R

RCastillo

I think you understand.

Yeah, you share alright, with an eye dropper, and few feathers. It must be "molting" season!:eek:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
my issue was with the "stealing knowledge" I just dont undestand how you can "steal" kenpo...

Steal may be a little harsh. Unfortunately there are many who would go to a seminar and "tape it" for others that did not go.

I hope you do get that raise....... you deserve it!:)

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Let's not think of it as stealing Kenpo Knowledge, let's think of it of as stealing Seig's investment to put this together.......I could go on and on and cite various other examples, but I think this discussion better left off the public forums....:asian:

B

brianhunter

Steal may be a little harsh. Unfortunately there are many who would go to a seminar and "tape it" for others that did not go.

I hope you do get that raise....... you deserve it!:)

That I do understand..i do agree it isnt right to go for the sole purpose of taping it for someone else...sorry for being hard headed

S

Stick Dummy

Last night I finally met Mr Conatser and trained with him at Seigs studio.

Nothing fancy just basic techniques presented in the way that virtually everyone learned something new about them.

In a word :

AWESOME!!!!!!

I wish more of you could be here today in about 1 hour for the seminars.

Its gonna ROCK!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't get the opportunity to go this time! :( I'm sure your going to learn alot.
Jason Farnsworth

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Last night I finally met Mr Conatser and trained with him at Seigs studio.

Nothing fancy just basic techniques presented in the way that virtually everyone learned something new about them.

In a word :

AWESOME!!!!!!

I wish more of you could be here today in about 1 hour for the seminars.

Its gonna ROCK!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Don't forget the ice packs, and tylenol!:eek:

R

RCastillo

The Seminar!

I was hoping the IKKO company jet woulda come by on the way, but.........no dice!

I missed the buffet.:wah:

K

KenpoKTI

I beat Mr. C and Seig to post...now that is a feat. Having been not only at the seminar, but also at the studio the night before (I am a student of MMA), I can say it was certainly a learning and a FUN experience. I was expecting something and someone different (If you know Mr. C, then I need not explain). Even though, I am just starting out in Kenpo (2 years in January), I learned and maybe comprehended the complexities of Kenpo (like there is so many different things to a punch). I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar and Mr. C's visit at the studio. I look forward to attending another Kenpo event, even on the west coast (where I am from anyway). Oh and by the way, I ate some crab legs for you all.

-Kile

(Need clever signature here.)

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoKTI

I beat Mr. C and Seig to post...now that is a feat. Having been not only at the seminar, but also at the studio the night before (I am a student of MMA), I can say it was certainly a learning and a FUN experience. I was expecting something and someone different (If you know Mr. C, then I need not explain). Even though, I am just starting out in Kenpo (2 years in January), I learned and maybe comprehended the complexities of Kenpo (like there is so many different things to a punch). I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar and Mr. C's visit at the studio. I look forward to attending another Kenpo event, even on the west coast (where I am from anyway). Oh and by the way, I ate some crab legs for you all.

-Kile

(Need clever signature here.)

It's easy to beat Seig, and Mr. C, They both sleep late. Anyway, thanks for rubbing it in about those crab legs!:soapbox:

S

Stick Dummy

Yeppers it was a Wooo-Hooo event,

EVERYONE there had a great time, and Mr Conatser is a stretched version of Seig!!!

"Oak Tree" and "Oak Tree Stump"............:D

To both of you, KenpoTess, Barky, Jani, Billy, Chronuss, Alex, Jen, and everyone else (parents, martial artists, and Shepherd students) who did the normally unrecognizable things like running the cameras, admissions, admin duties, lunch runs, etc. etc.

A very humble "Thank You" for the bottom of my heart, it could not have happened without your efforts.

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Yeppers it was a Wooo-Hooo event,

EVERYONE there had a great time, and Mr Conatser is a stretched version of Seig!!!

"Oak Tree" and "Oak Tree Stump"............:D

To both of you, KenpoTess, Barky, Jani, Billy, Chronuss, Alex, Jen, and everyone else (parents, martial artists, and Shepherd students) who did the normally unrecognizable things like running the cameras, admissions, admin duties, lunch runs, etc. etc.

A very humble "Thank You" for the bottom of my heart, it could not have happened without your efforts.

He he!!! Cute Pete, that was good. Ya I don't think Karen and I had much of a choice in lunch runs. Could you imagine a whole bunch of karate students that are hungry and on a rampage.:eek: ? It was fun though and it did help in comprehending some of the material. Thanks Mr. C.

Jani :asian:

K

kenpochip

I enjoyed the seminar yesterday. It was very interesting to meet Mr. Conatser, attend his seminar, and have one of the legendary kenpo buffets. It was also nice to connect real-life people with their online personas. I met Seig, KenpoTess, KenpoKTI, and TrueToKenpo, and maybe I met Stick Dummy, but I didn't know it at the time. I also met some others, but I am not aware of their online personas. Anyway, the trip and traffic were worth it.

KenpoChip

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it's Sunday evening and Mr. C and his boys are flying back home after a fantastic weekend!~ Much to short a time but it was so worth every moment spent talking with him and learning :)
Seig picked them up in Alexandria Friday afternoon, came back here to the house. Mr C. gave me a big hug and immediately reached to see my bicep ~! hahaha.. broke the ice right away!
Too funny !~ Then he said.. Ok Tess.. let's see '4' * I looked all over for my Harry Potter Invisibity cloak but it was missing~! Sooo .. I fumbled through what I knew and then blocking set.. short form 1 and all this with 2 black labs doing the watusi under foot.. ~! Needless to say I was not nervous.. nope.. just in a total stupor.. *chuckles* Like .. Umm I am just the cook here.. I, no speaky english...
Dinner went happily then off to the studio for Kids and adult class.. oh what fun :) a few hours later we were mentally exhausted with material covered, headed to Denny's with a bunch and at midnite called it a night.. early Saturday morning pickup and met at the studio then to the college gym. It was a Fantastic seminar.. everyone participated except for one poor kid who sat in the bleachers with a broken nose ( no clue honest~!)
We learned so much from Mr. C. we were basically shell shocked :)

After the seminar we all headed down to Frederick, MD and had a Kenpostyle Chinese buffet.. and Man did Seig and Mr.C. put a hurting on the crab legs~!

It sure was great meeting other people from the board , KenpoChip from Va.. come on up anytime Chip~! Glad you were able to make it~!

Josh (TrueToKenpo) and his students ~! We will be seeing you in a couple weeks at your seminar in Pittsburgh! Sure was good to have you down!~ Thanks !

Pete.. for your moral support and just being there for Seig and me.. You are the best!! Thank you!~!

and a Big thank you to FUZZYJ692000 (Jani) Testdummy (Alex) and your parents for all your help !!

Billy, For everything.. :) And your mom's Videotaping.. ~!! PS your bday cake was an added perk.. *G*

Jen for your help and your Dad's pic taking :)

To all that helped bring this about.. a big Kenpo Thank you!~

Mr C. *S* Without you.. It wouldn't of happened.. Can't wait til the next one in March!!

Ok.. I've run outta ink in my keyboard methinks.. *G*

So all that couldn't make it to this one.. come March.. we are going to do it again!!

With all my Respect,

Tess

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, now you are really making me feel horrible for not being able to attend. I spent thursday night trying to figure out somehow to make it. My wife was starting to get irritated with all of my pacing that night. Anyway coming off of 2 back to back weddings, my wife's new dress, my daughter's new dress, staying in cleveland one night, the funds were kind of real low. Next time post a little farther in advance for the rest of us to plan. :) . Sounds like a good seminar.
Jason Farnsworth

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The boys and I had a great time and look forward for a return trip to "really lay some wood down"! LOL

A great bunch of people with a desire to learn the Art. Keep working on what you have and more will be on the way.

Again, thanks for a very warm welcome and all the open minds.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow martial artists,

I just wanted to comment on the seminar featuring Mr. Conaster this past weekend in Shepherdstown, WV. I believe the seminar was great and I encourage everyone to try to attend a seminar taught by Mr. Conaster if they have the opportunity. Definitely worth it!!!

Also to Mr. Seigal, thank you for having us and I look forward to working with you to bring even more unity to the local Kenpo community.

I wish everyone the very best. Good journey.

Respectfully In Kenpo,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

www.unitedparkerskenpo.com