Dennis Conatser Seminar

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Mountaineer Martial Arts will be hosting a seminar on September 28th in Shepherdstown, WV. It will be held at Shepherd College in the Butcher Center. The featured guest is Mr. Dennis Conatser.
You may contact me or leave a message for more information.
Details will soon be available on Mountaineer Martial Arts

There will be a morning session for beginners and an afternoon session for advanced.
Pre-Registration for martial artist is $20.00 for one session.
$35.00 for both (excluding school owners)

At the door, it will be $30.00 per session or $50.00 for both (again excluding school owners.)

Spectators that have no affiliation to a participant will be $10.00 per session. Parents/Spouses will be $5.00 per session.

There is an age cut off of 14. If you have an exceptional underage student that you think would benefit from attending and not be a burden to the other participants, contact me and we will do a case by case evaluation.

Please! No Video Cameras!

Contact me for more details!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is Great News!!!! It is about time that someone got "KAPTAIN KRUSTY JUNIOR" off his duff and doing seminars. Dennis is extremely knowledgeable and well worth spending time with.

What Next???????? Videos and like that???? Come on Kaptain Krusty, Junior! Get with it for us fans! :D :D :D

Most Sincerely,

Kaptain Krusty Senior :asian: :asian: :asian:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86

This is Great News!!!! It is about time that someone got "KAPTAIN KRUSTY JUNIOR" off his duff and doing seminars. Dennis is extremely knowledgeable and well worth spending time with.

What Next???????? Videos and like that???? Come on Kaptain Krusty, Junior! Get with it for us fans! :D :D :D

Most Sincerely,

We're looking at doing videos now, but the budget is too small to get a good enough looking actor to play me. I mean, if I wanted a short, fat and ugly person to do it, I would do it myself.

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in joining us for dinner after the seminar, I need to know. We are going to the Dragon Buffet in Frederick Md. It's all you can eat and they have all you can eat crab legs as well for about 9.95 per person.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Seig

Mountaineer Martial Arts will be hosting a seminar on September 28th in Shepherdstown, WV. It will be held at Shepherd College in the Butcher Center. The featured guest is Mr. Dennis Conatser.
You may contact me or leave a message for more information.
Details will soon be available on Mountaineer Martial Arts

There will be a morning session for beginners and an afternoon session for advanced.
Pre-Registration for martial artist is $20.00 for one session.
$35.00 for both (excluding school owners)

At the door, it will be $30.00 per session or $50.00 for both (again excluding school owners.)

Spectators that have no affiliation to a participant will be $10.00 per session. Parents/Spouses will be $5.00 per session.

There is an age cut off of 14. If you have an exceptional underage student that you think would benefit from attending and not be a burden to the other participants, contact me and we will do a case by case evaluation.

Please! No Video Cameras!

Contact me for more details!

Why no video cameras?

Clyde

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Why no video cameras?
Clyde

Clyde you sacreligious b@st@rd! Be quiet! Don't you know the unwritten rule about video cameras and American Kenpoists? Don't make me tell you again buster!
:iws:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No it has nothing to do with that, Gou. I'll answer Clyde honestly. There are more than a few unscrupulous bastards around here that would come in, pay the spectator fee, tape the seminar and then take it back to their school and use it there. If they want to participate, then they can participate, if they want to watch then they can watch. If they want to steal they can go :cuss: themselves.

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

There are more than a few unscrupulous bastards around here that would come in, pay the spectator fee, tape the seminar and then take it back to their school and use it there.

I guess my question is, "is that so wrong?" They won't be getting 1-1000th of what Mr. C knows. In fact it may peak their interest to the system so that they come back and train with you. Kenpo via video alone (particularly seminars) doesn't work unless you have a backgound or the tape is specifically for teaching (i.e. Sullivan/LeRoux) partially because the concepts and principles are curriculum driven. This is of course my opinion.

Seig, I do have a question. What's your background and lineage? I looked at your site and it isn't clear.

Thanks, jb

T

tunetigress

Originally posted by Sigung86

Most Sincerely,

As a Krusty Kub, I have a profound interest in viewing video footage of Mr. Conatser in action!!! Hey Seig, why don't YOU take some video of the seminar to sell to some of us far-flung die-hards???? :cool:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbkenpo

I guess my question is, "is that so wrong?" They won't be getting 1-1000th of what Mr. C knows. In fact it may peak their interest to the system so that they come back and train with you. Kenpo via video alone (particularly seminars) doesn't work unless you have a backgound or the tape is specifically for teaching (i.e. Sullivan/LeRoux) partially because the concepts and principles are curriculum driven. This is of course my opinion.

Seig, I do have a question. What's your background and lineage? I looked at your site and it isn't clear.

Thanks, jb
JB,
In addition to the reasons I have mentioned about no video footage; I was also requested not to allow it.

As far as my back round and lineage. It's very diverse and wide spread.

I started out in 1973 at a whopping three years old under then 4th dan Bill Harmon. Mr. Harmon had studied Okinawan and then under Jhoon Rhee. My next teacher was my step-father Will Keller, he studied quite a few arts while with Navy Special operations. After Mr. Keller (I moved in with my father), I studied Karate-Te under Jerry Nichols, this brings up to 1979. In 1979 we moved to WV and there was not much available in the way of MA training, so I continued practicing what I already knew and my Dad taught me some boxing. In 1982 I met Tim Smith and studied Tae Kwon Do actively with him until 1990, while I was in the military. I was awarded my first BB in 1988. While in the military, I studied under Pam Walters (TKD) for about a year. I then started studying Shorin-Ryu under Glenn Knott, while still travelling about once a month to continue to train with Tim. I continued active study with Tim and Glenn until 1992, when I went on a job that saw me travelling for 9 solid months. During that time, I studied with Nick Madrigil. Whne I left that job and came back to WV, I studied with Tim some more until I left for Florida. In Florida, I trained under Jim Lemmin(TKD) until he and I had some philosophical disagreements and I left. I then started training in Kenpo and Jiu-Jitsu under Tommy Badalato. I studied under Tommy for a year until I went to train under his instructor, Rich Alford. I studied under Rich this past year. At this point, not only was I back in WV but realized I had gotten as much from him as I was going to. At this point in time, I am Mr. Conatser's student. So my current lineage, is me, Mr. Conatser, Mr. Parker. My TKD lineage is quite confusing. MY Kenpo lineage before Mr C is what I call slightly muddled but now clear. All of the details are quite boring and span almost 30 years. Suffice it to say, I have 4 first degree black belts and a third degree. I am working diligently towards my fourth at this point in time.

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tunetigress

As a Krusty Kub, I have a profound interest in viewing video footage of Mr. Conatser in action!!! Hey Seig, why don't YOU take some video of the seminar to sell to some of us far-flung die-hards???? :cool:
As host of this shindig, I am exercising my option to have some video coverage for myself. As for the average Joe taping, the answer is no. If they want the benefit of the seminar, they can participate. Whatever footage I have, I will have to clear with Mr.C before it is released to anyone for any reason. Anything else would be stealing from him, and I will not do it.:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fact is ..... I don't want anyone to have my bald head on video Hee hee......

:asian:

Mike has made arrangements to video. So that is what we will go with. If we choose to release the video, we will post it for anyone interested. :)

K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Good point. Thanks for thinking of us. ;)

:lol:

T

tunetigress

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Mike has made arrangements to video. So that is what we will go with. If we choose to release the video, we will post it for anyone interested. :)

But Mr C sir! I have already clearly seen the baldness of your head and it didn't hurt either my puter screen or my tender eyes, and I seem to be no more corrupted than before!!! I think I can handle a tiny bit of forbidden footage!!!! Tho I can't vouch for the rest of them in here, lol!!! :rolleyes:

G

GouRonin

It's not that bald head you have to watch out for. Keep and eye out for 1) Those huge meat hooks he calls hands when he's on the dojo floor. They hurt. 2) Don't put your fingers near his mouth at the buffet. Not unless you want to look like your high school shop teacher and have the nick name "stubby."

R

RCastillo

As long as he doesn't hurt me so much I can't drive him to the buffet all will be well.

The both of are LUCKY I'm not coming! You 'd have to wait behind me at the buffet line!:eek:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

The both of are LUCKY I'm not coming! You 'd have to wait behind me at the buffet line!:eek:
That's what you think, Mr. C and I would stand shoulder to shoulder and form "The Impassable Wall" and you'd never eat!
:roflmao: