Dead soldiers, happy christians

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean the benevolent preacher, or Hannity?

I don't care about Seanbaby, but that religious groups is saying and doing disgusting things that should be widely condemned by sane American. The US doesn't neet rot like this dragging our society into the sewer along with them.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, using other peoples deaths as an excuse to further your own political or religious ideas is inexcusable.

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's not even that. They're cheering the fact that people are dead, and it has little to do with their primary agenda. "Yay! A soldier's dead because the US harbors gays!" It's amazing one of the bereaved hasn't lit into them with a chainsaw yet.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting how they make the link to homosexuality being the reason for "God's punishment". I wonder how they know the mind of God...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Interesting how they make the link to homosexuality being the reason for "God's punishment". I wonder how they know the mind of God...
I think if God thought it was that important it would be a commandment, but I hear Moses dropped five of them.
Sean

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The downside of freedom of speech meeting freedom of religion is that the result is sometimes whack jobs like this.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
I think if God thought it was that important it would be a commandment, but I hear Moses dropped five of them.
Sean

Actually, not that it really matters to anyone here, but there are several commandments outside the "Ten Commandments." Those were just the first ten. (And that includes a commandment against homosexuality.) (Not that I am saying you are bad if you are a homosexual so don't get me wrong.) This is what happens when people don't actually read the bible but like to repeat what they hear about it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, all I have to say Marginal, is that the wackos at "Godhates****.com" claim to be the westburough baptist church, but as best as I can determine, the only baptist church there is http://www.godseek.us/ and they are not affiliated. the "godhates" website has no address, no real contact info beyond an email addy, As a matter of fact, even their domain registration is done thru a PO box and not a real address, and they have an invalid mail address at a second domain, www.godhatesamerica.com for their tech contact with network solutions. Not exactly someone to take seriously.
and if you take the time to read it, is all complete fantasy garbage, and, it would seem to me, (READ THAT CAREFULLY, I AM SAYING IN MY OPINION) made up to be inflamitory and intentionally spiteful twords the people of america in order to perpetrate some agenda against the Baptist church.
If I am right, It would seem that you fell for it.

Whatever. If people want to keep believing us Christains are all evil hatemongers, I guess its not really my job to correct their opinions. Until they "come for me" for my beliefs and see how much hate I can muster... I just dont care.

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
and if you take the time to read it, is all complete fantasy garbage, and, it would seem to me, (READ THAT CAREFULLY, I AM SAYING IN MY OPINION) made up to be inflamitory and intentionally spiteful twords the people of america in order to perpetrate some agenda against the Baptist church.
If I am right, It would seem that you fell for it.

Somehow I doubt it. This isn't that far from those Christian haunted houses ypes like that host locally every halloween.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow.

I'm not sure who's more whacked - the protestors who actually believe homosexuality is to blame for soldiers dying, or the whackjob who thinks the protestors are part of the left.

And it does read very Rush-esque, no? "Your news - digested." Well ... what is digested food, folks? That's pretty much what you're hearing from talkshows like that.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Somehow I doubt it. This isn't that far from those Christian haunted houses ypes like that host locally every halloween.

I admit that there are groups like that, I based that opion of THIS group by the sheer level of inflamatoiry content, even going so far as to call people who would potentially be interested in joining them morons. Groups like that need support AND press if they are going to thrive, and going out of your way to keep people who are idiots, er, I mean like minded, seems like a poor move if they are for real, and the kind of thing you expect from someone looking to get a good giggle out of how many people they can piss off.

Also, if you look at this quote from your link:

The 75-member church, made up primarily of members of Rev. Fred Phelps' extended family

it would seem to me its mostly one idiot and his family. Hardly representitive of the faith, and more proof that I am on the right track, IMO.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please note this is almost off topic but:

Ill tell you what bothers me, and why I am even posting in this thread...

Just like many narrow minded people of many faiths who feel it is their duty to force you to believe like they do, (something mind you, as a christian you will rarely, if ever, see me do, as I personally dont care if you are saved, go to hell, sacrifice a goat, or pray to the east, whatever...) many people who have issues with our faith for whatever reason feel the need to attack it.

If I were to post how dirty, evil, violent, whatever, the Muslim faith is (which i DONT believe, btw, its an example) many of the same "Christian Haters" would jump to defend them and thier right to be Muslim, while starting threads calling Christians the same things.

BAD HYPOCRITES! BAD!

Bottom line is, if you have a problem with the religion overall, ignore it, if you have a problem with a specific whackjob group like, say, the Morons discussed in this thread... address your issue to them, as opposed to a generalization like "All Christians Hate ****" which is how your belief comes off to me now, based on your use of the general term in the title. I could take that as a personal attack, and that's a damn fine way to draw fire from the group you hate so much (Christians) and it becomes a nice circle, You slam them, they attack you, so you hate them more, so you slam them, so they attack you... and so on an so on...

Anyhow... I do have to stop and agree with you about one thing here, which I overlooked as you caught me up in your <sarcasm>"Technopunk is a Christian so he hates ****" part of the thread... </sarcasm>

It was pretty idiotic of Hannity to automatically lump these guys in with the left because they hate america... True, that "attitude" seems to be what is considered stereotypical of the left (NOTE I SAY CONSIDERED STEREOTYPICAL, NOT WHAT IS TRUE) by the Right.... But their other actions are very much what is considered stereotypical of the Right (NOTE I SAY CONSIDERED STEREOTYPICAL, NOT WHAT IS TRUE) by the Left.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
It was pretty idiotic of Hannity to automatically lump these guys in with the left because they hate america... True, that "attitude" seems to be what is considered stereotypical of the left (NOTE I SAY CONSIDERED STEREOTYPICAL, NOT WHAT IS TRUE) by the Right.... But their other actions are very much what is considered stereotypical of the Right (NOTE I SAY CONSIDERED STEREOTYPICAL, NOT WHAT IS TRUE) by the Left.

Indeed it is an interesting paradox. How did we get here, do you suppose?

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
shesulsa said:

The 2 Party system, IMO. It encourages polarization, undermining the middle way.
:yinyang:

I agree with a lot of what Technopunk is saying here. Generalizations do not a good argument make. More importantly, they are unfair, and can be perceived as malicious.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:

Take your pick of any or all of the below:

1) What flatlander said. The 2 party system.
2) Sheep Mentality. Letting media celebrities decide what/how we should think.
3) Laziness, and apathy
4) Scapegoating indiviuals as opposed to working for positive change of the system.

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

If I were to post how dirty, evil, violent, whatever, the Muslim faith is (which i DONT believe, btw, its an example) many of the same "Christian Haters" would jump to defend them and thier right to be Muslim, while starting threads calling Christians the same things.
Aw... Few things.

1) The title of the thread was intended to be as "true" as the other thread bearing the "dead soldier, happy X" title. With a similar level of dedication to accuracy and sincerity behind the sentiment.

2) Christians implies a group of Christians. It does not necessarially imply all Christians.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So if I say "Tae Kwon do People cant fight thier way out of a paper bag" its ok, because as a generalization I mean A SPECIFIC group of TKD people and not all TKD people?

RIIIIIGGGHT.