Dan the Man!

jasonbrinn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Can we all just agree that THE MAN is Dan Inosanto? What a great Martial Artist and one of the greatest examples in my opinion of what Martial Artists should strive to emulate.

Here is a great video of the man in case you haven't seen it already:

https://livesafeproducts.com/index.php/featured-stories/item/328-dan-the-man

Thank you Dan for the incredible impact your kindness has had on my life and training!

Jason Brinn

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've never met the man, but I read his book The Filipino Martial Arts back in '81 and have been hooked on FMA ever since. In spite of all his fame, people who know him tell me he's a true teacher ..that's to say someone who loves to share knowledge and takes more pride in the success of their students than in their own.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I stand in full agreement! I have had the fortune to train with Guro Dan at lease twice a year for the past 18 years. What an inspiration to so many. Quiet, humble, honorable, giving, caring. A teachers teacher. Have seen him injuried and in pain yet still teaching as this is the most important class he will ever teach. Knocking on 60 he certainly inspires me to continue to learn new methods and possibilities.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Knocking on 60 he certainly inspires me to continue to learn new methods and possibilities.

I take it you mean that you are "knocking on 60"? According to Wikipedia, Guro Dan was born back in '36 and is 76 years old. Wow!

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I take it you mean that you are "knocking on 60"? According to Wikipedia, Guro Dan was born back in '36 and is 76 years old. Wow!

Yeap! Talking about me. He is 76 and it amazing how much he continues to study and train; I'm talking training vs instructing.

Amazing man. If anyone, no matter what art you train, has the opportunity to attend a seminar with him Do so. You will be overwhelmed with the amount of information he delivers but the experience will be amazing. Don't get caught up in all the technique, understand the movement and the ways he gives for you to use your body.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've never been to any of his seminars, however, I've trained with a few people who have and I've heard nothing but good things about him.