cross training

chiro4

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been taking modern arnis which I like and I would like to cross train in Japanese jujitsu or Judo. Can anybody tell me which one of the two martial arts would best compliment modern arnis and why? Which one is easier to learn Judo or Japanese Jujitsu and why?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe either or will do fine, the one thing to remember is all cross training is great and most style can interchange with each other and it is up to the individual to make it work with there present art.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been taking modern arnis which I like and I would like to cross train in Japanese jujitsu or Judo. Can anybody tell me which one of the two martial arts would best compliment modern arnis and why? Which one is easier to learn Judo or Japanese Jujitsu and why?

Speaking as someone who trains in Modern Arnis as well, I'd say go with Judo. You will have quite a large selection of locks already from Arnis. There is some ground work in Arnis, but the Judo will further round it out.

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
do you want to learn the next art as a sport or as a combat orientated art? that should make your choice easier: one is more a sport the other was not designed for sports

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, JUDO would be my choice. Many people consider Judo a sport....when you have an experience Sensi? ...Judo is more than just a sport.

Go JUDO first! Just my thoughts on this.........Aloha

Latest Discussions