The Worlds Deadliest Master....HA-HA-HA

Rob819

White Belt
Reaction score
So I got to hear one of my favorite stupid martial arts statements again today....

Me and a co-worker were discussing fighting and after hearing him blast about every martial art that I consider effective, I had to ask him to join me and my students in our sparring sessions. This is of course when he procedes to tell me that his art is far too deadly to engage in full contact sparring. He then tells me about how his master is as deadly as they come, having killed many men in challenge matches. Of course I have to call ******** on his stupid claims, which no doubt got him all worked up. Not worked up enough to come and show the class some of his deadly chopping techniques though.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of retards I meet who makes these rediculous claims. Why is it that these turds are so impossible to flush.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now that is a good question I am sick and tired of fraudulent claims as well, this is what has caused to stop training with certain individuals.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also agree all these people that have the most dealiest art alive today. Please I cannot fight it is against my religion or I just took an oarth of not fighting Please give me a break.

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"Too deadly" is utter nonsense. The individual controls the martial art & not the other way around. Any technique can be altered or eliminated for sporting competition.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well now come on guys....
I can attest to "so deadly you don't want me to start"...
I think of some of the statements my wife has said to me...
Enough said guys?????

Chuckle, guffaw and other silly humorous gestures....
Sorry....my bad humor.....

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Deadliest art? Oh hee hee ha ha ha :lol: oh please :lfao: no seriously stop :roflmao: no more no more :rofl: heh... these guys must be deadly... they slay me... whoo!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything to make themselves feel superior to others, I s'pose.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything to make themselves feel superior to others, I s'pose.

You know, I wonder a lot about this. I don't doubt that it's true... but doesn't it seem, like, really futile to do that?

At the end of the day, when people sort of reckon up their little defeats and victories, and it's just you by yourself, no onlookers, spouses or kids... how can anyone really feel that they've made themselves larger by their bravado? Not larger in appearance, but larger in fact. Whatever they say, and whatever kind of face they present, doesn't it seem that most people are going to realize just what they really know, and can do&#8212;and therefore the irrelevance of all the posing that they might have done to convince other people that they're better than they really are? Notwithstanding all their over-inflated self-promotion, isn't it likely that most folks know where they stand in the reckoning, regardless of how much noise they make? So what's the point of that kind of posing? Apart from its obvious ridiculousness to others, which they may not be aware of, I mean&#8212;surely, unless they're genuinely delusional, don't most people have enough of a grip on reality to grasp the fact that empty words don't make you superior to anyone?

There's a line from the New Testament somewhere that I ran across long ago that seems to put it very well: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature? I think the point of that remark is dead-on accurate, and it makes you wonder why people do the sort of thing that the OP is talking about, when they must realize at some basic level that it's a crock...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, When you look around? Just about every art has some kind of killing techniques in them.

With this in mind? Our Master's (all/most) can be consider deadiest guys!

A pushing technique can be consider deadly? ....many people have been killed when push, hitting their heads on something solid when falling down. (Push a person off a tall buildng is deadly, pushing a person in front of a train is deadly, push a person into your knife can be deadly), Watch out for the PUSH!

Your friend love to push you in believing his art is deadly? ....push him back!

Just having fun here..............Aloha

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
And for only $19.95 you to can learn these deadly never-before-seen techniques to make you just as lethal.

Give me a break. I am so tired of hearing this crap. We need to lock all these guys in a room and let them trash talk themselves to death.

Shotgun Buddha

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You know, I wonder a lot about this. I don't doubt that it's true... but doesn't it seem, like, really futile to do that?

At the end of the day, when people sort of reckon up their little defeats and victories, and it's just you by yourself, no onlookers, spouses or kids... how can anyone really feel that they've made themselves larger by their bravado? Not larger in appearance, but larger in fact. Whatever they say, and whatever kind of face they present, doesn't it seem that most people are going to realize just what they really know, and can do—and therefore the irrelevance of all the posing that they might have done to convince other people that they're better than they really are? Notwithstanding all their over-inflated self-promotion, isn't it likely that most folks know where they stand in the reckoning, regardless of how much noise they make? So what's the point of that kind of posing? Apart from its obvious ridiculousness to others, which they may not be aware of, I mean—surely, unless they're genuinely delusional, don't most people have enough of a grip on reality to grasp the fact that empty words don't make you superior to anyone?

There's a line from the New Testament somewhere that I ran across long ago that seems to put it very well: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit to his stature? I think the point of that remark is dead-on accurate, and it makes you wonder why people do the sort of thing that the OP is talking about, when they must realize at some basic level that it's a crock...

I thinks at least partly due to survival instinct. The problem is that while our survival instincts are very old and well developed, our higher brain functions are much more recent, and consequently the two don't mix entirely perfectly with each other just yet.
Survival instincts rather sensibly deal with danger by having us either remove or destro the danger or avoid it altogether.
When presented with human psychology however, a few more options come into play.
Our survival instincts now have a tool that can convince the person the danger doesn't exist, or edit the details of how they view reality, so that the danger is no longer a problem.
Essentially our straightforward primitive instincts, which would previously opened a walnut by hitting it with a club, now have a sniper rifle to do the job. Resulting in many cases in overkill.

This is common of many delusions. A person subconsciously is choosing to edit reality, because in the version they choose the survival instincts tell them they are safe.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
Insecurity at its best!! :barf:

And for only $19.95 you to can learn these deadly never-before-seen techniques to make you just as lethal.
You're getting ripped off! I learned my never-before-seen techniques for the low low price of $9.95!! :wink2:

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Insecurity at its best!! :barf:

You're getting ripped off! I learned my never-before-seen techniques for the low low price of $9.95!! :wink2:
I win, all I had to do was buy the guy a soda and a burger to learn mine!

Ive heard storys like this as well. This guy I used to work with said his intructor's instructor fought in a tournament against real shaolin monks and ended up killing one of them.

B

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score

At the end of the day, when people sort of reckon up their little defeats and victories, and it's just you by yourself, no onlookers, spouses or kids... how can anyone really feel that they've made themselves larger by their bravado? Not larger in appearance, but larger in fact. Whatever they say, and whatever kind of face they present, doesn't it seem that most people are going to realize just what they really know, and can do—and therefore the irrelevance of all the posing that they might have done to convince other people that they're better than they really are? Notwithstanding all their over-inflated self-promotion, isn't it likely that most folks know where they stand in the reckoning, regardless of how much noise they make? So what's the point of that kind of posing? Apart from its obvious ridiculousness to others, which they may not be aware of, I mean—surely, unless they're genuinely delusional, don't most people have enough of a grip on reality to grasp the fact that empty words don't make you superior to anyone?

Of course they realise it's a crock! Otherwise why would they need to run around telling all and sundry how deadly they are? It's bluff, like a frill neck lizard puffing up to make itself seem bigger. And like lizards, they only puff up once they feel threatened... *sigh* It does seem to be rather a male thing, i've noticed. Now why would that be? :shrug:

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Of course they realise it's a crock! Otherwise why would they need to run around telling all and sundry how deadly they are? It's bluff, like a frill neck lizard puffing up to make itself seem bigger. And like lizards, they only puff up once they feel threatened... *sigh* It does seem to be rather a male thing, i've noticed. Now why would that be? :shrug:
Thats a good point about the frill neck lizard .

And I agree it only seems to be among the males. The ones who boast are also usually the ones who when confronted by a serious MA'ist are the first to back down from any confrontation. These kinds of people are among the group that give serios MA'ists a bad name. PATHETIC!!!

B

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thinks at least partly due to survival instinct. The problem is that while our survival instincts are very old and well developed, our higher brain functions are much more recent, and consequently the two don't mix entirely perfectly with each other just yet.
Survival instincts rather sensibly deal with danger by having us either remove or destro the danger or avoid it altogether.
When presented with human psychology however, a few more options come into play.
Our survival instincts now have a tool that can convince the person the danger doesn't exist, or edit the details of how they view reality, so that the danger is no longer a problem.
Essentially our straightforward primitive instincts, which would previously opened a walnut by hitting it with a club, now have a sniper rifle to do the job. Resulting in many cases in overkill.

This is common of many delusions. A person subconsciously is choosing to edit reality, because in the version they choose the survival instincts tell them they are safe.

This makes a lot of sense, S_B. And the tool you mention, the perfect tool for the job, is language. There's actually a very nice illustration which follows from your analysis, about how how form sometimes triumphs over content. There's a certain view of the evolution of cognition in human beings which holds that the really adaptive role language played in our career over the past couple of million years was not so much communication amongst members of a group, but rather the ability to give structure (by linear sequencing and certain hierarchical relations amongst subgroups of words) to thought. Mostly when people think it's not the crisp series of connected ideas that fiction often presents, but a kind of swirling kaleidoscope of impressions, memories, images and whatnot; language serves thinking by proving a kind of structural lattice for it so that complex, coherent ideas can emerge from the normal chaos between our ears. The problem is, language is too effective in a way. It is so good at what it does, and we're so dependent on it for thinking, that it can actually in a sense take over, so that we wind up not saying what we believe, but believing what we say. People wind up liking some story they've told so much that they can't believe it's not true—the `too good to be false' trap. And because language makes it so easy to represent past, future, or purely imaginary states of affairs, you wind up getting carte blanche to have things any way you like them... or feeling like you do anyway. This ties into qi-tah's point...

Well, there are two things here. One of them is probably not too strange: if you just assume that male humans are going to be like other male primates, and male social mammals generally, you expect them to be hard-wired so that the physically larger members of the group, by and large the males, respond with hostile aggression to threats to the group. But the second point is the really disturbing one: the lizard you mention, and other animals that indulge in threat displays, only do so when they're in the presence of a real physical threat, or potential danger; once the danger is gone, the frill goes down, the cat's puffed-up fur returns to normal... all that size-display subsides. But human beings are able to live in a private world which is so far now from the physically immediate one that a threat can consist of a remark made long ago, or maybe only in one's imagination (as when worrying about what two colleagues or friends or whoever are saying about one), and so on.

Someone like the chap in the OP clearly has some major fear problem, some sense of being threatened by something in the world, in spite of the fact that he's probably never been actually threatened in the sense that a prey animal would understand the notion, or anything close to it. The kind of magical thinking that S_B was talking about is kind of the price we pay for those higher-order mental functions working in tandem with some very ancient layers in the brain. If you think of it in those terms, then the `deadly fighting arts' line of rubbish of the sort mentioned in the OP is just the by-product of a kind of a poignant fact about our whole species—a few millimeters of cortex trying to give form and rationality to the millions of years of violence and terror built into the rest of the brain below it...

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well, there are two things here. One of them is probably not too strange: if you just assume that male humans are going to be like other male primates, and male social mammals generally, you expect them to be hard-wired so that the physically larger members of the group, by and large the males, respond with hostile aggression to threats to the group.

Or from within the group/pecking order. Aggressive displays are also often seen when males vie for the "alpha" position, granting access to females within the group. And since all the time is pretty much mating season for humans, i guess every other male in the vicinity could be seen as a sexual threat to a particular kind of insecure bloke (thus leading to the previously discussed behaviour).

But the second point is the really disturbing one: the lizard you mention, and other animals that indulge in threat displays, only do so when they're in the presence of a real physical threat, or potential danger; once the danger is gone, the frill goes down, the cat's puffed-up fur returns to normal... all that size-display subsides. But human beings are able to live in a private world which is so far now from the physically immediate one that a threat can consist of a remark made long ago, or maybe only in one's imagination (as when worrying about what two colleagues or friends or whoever are saying about one), and so on.

I do agree with you about the dangers of being over-insulated from the harsh light of physical reality. Not only can it muddy the waters between actual and percieved threats, but worse, it isolates us from connecting with and feeling empathy for one another's experiences.

Someone like the chap in the OP clearly has some major fear problem, some sense of being threatened by something in the world, in spite of the fact that he's probably never been actually threatened in the sense that a prey animal would understand the notion, or anything close to it. The kind of magical thinking that S_B was talking about is kind of the price we pay for those higher-order mental functions working in tandem with some very ancient layers in the brain. If you think of it in those terms, then the `deadly fighting arts' line of rubbish of the sort mentioned in the OP is just the by-product of a kind of a poignant fact about our whole species—a few millimeters of cortex trying to give form and rationality to the millions of years of violence and terror built into the rest of the brain below it...

Ah! Spoken from the true soul of a poet!
icon12.gif
:asian:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
C'mon, guys and gals!
We all know that Count Dante was the World's Deadliest Fighting Master. All of the others are just wannabes.
End of story.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or from within the group/pecking order. Aggressive displays are also often seen when males vie for the "alpha" position, granting access to females within the group. And since all the time is pretty much mating season for humans, i guess every other male in the vicinity could be seen as a sexual threat to a particular kind of insecure bloke (thus leading to the previously discussed behaviour).

... and that probably scales up to more generalized aggressive responses that seem to spill over into almost every domain of life. It's likely that we as a species collectively pose a much greater threat to ourselves than any other species has posed to us, because of the levels of fear that we manage to generate about each other.

A nice example of this in minature was that story someone posted about the idiot who `preemptively attacked' some quite harmless homeless chap with an umbrella, then maintained in court that he feared for his safety and was therefore justified in so doing (he was convicted, which is I suppose a bit reassuring). Scale that mode of thinking up to national and international size and... well, it helps explain a lot.

I do agree with you about the dangers of being over-insulated from the harsh light of physical reality. Not only can it muddy the waters between actual and percieved threats, but worse, it isolates us from connecting with and feeling empathy for one another's experiences.

The newsstory I was just referring to is a nice example of that as well. People who get their view of reality largely second-hand probably tend to see the world in terms of largely fabricated, artificial levels of danger&#8212;the kind of setup in which people spend far more time worrying about threats to their lives from home invasion than they do taking simple steps to lower their risk of diabetes, say, even though the latter is orders of magnitude more likely. In an article in the current Black Belt, a clinical psychologist with third dans in both TKD and TSD mentions, as part of his argument on behalf of martial sports, that the danger of incapacitation to the average person as a result of heart disease is 14 times that presented by the most violent of crimes. And deaths from heart disease are 43 times greater than the murder rate. He also notes, using data from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, that a child is more likely to have a heart attack than be abducted by a stranger. Over and over again, no matter where you look, it seems that the real dangers to us are very prosaic, ordinary little bits of self-neglect and bad habits chipping away at our health and sanity, rather than the `Mad Max' world-gone-insane sorts of dangers that guys like the one the OP was about seems obsessed by.

Ah! Spoken from the true soul of a poet!
icon12.gif
:asian:

Ah, I wish, q-t! My sole contribution to poetry is being an appreciative reader. You either have it (and even then you have to work hard at it) or you don't....

Latest Discussions