Coolest Sci Fi Ship?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Living machine Ship "Sovereign" from MASS EFFECT

Reaper.jpg

The only Reaper to be witnessed by any living intelligent being after the Protheans became extinct, was designated Sovereign. It was a colossal dreadnought, several times the size of any known vessel – even dwarfing the massive asari flagship, Destiny Ascension. At first, it was presumed to be the flagship of the rogue Spectre agent, Saren Arterius, by those who encountered it. Sovereign did act as transport for Saren and his geth minions – however, it was later discovered by Commander Shepard that it was in fact Sovereign who was truly the mastermind behind the genocide. Saren began his search for Sovereign at the end of . At first, it was presumed to be the flagship of the rogue Spectre agent, Saren Arterius, by those who encountered it. Sovereign did act as transport for Saren and his geth minions – however, it was later discovered by Commander ShepardMass Effect: Revelation using research stolen from Dr. Shu Qian, eventually finding the Reaper near or within the Perseus Veil.

HeartofJuyoMk2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Either the Star Destroyer Anakin Solo from the Star Wars Legacy of the Force era or the Mon Remonda from the X-Wing series.

I'm a fan of the smaller snubfighters as well, and I like the X-Wings more than anything, and all te variants, the XJ, XJ3, XJ5, XJ7, StealthX, and the future X-83 Twin Tail.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've always thought the Klingon D7 was classic cool. Followed by the Klingon Raptor class ship from "Enterprise".
Oh, there might be heavier firepower floating around out there. But you'll never find a more... well-endowed vessel than Richard "John Boy" Thomas' ship in Battle Beyond the Stars.
I can't find a picture, but the ship from "Flesh Gordon" may have it beat. Besides, they say size doesn't matter. They still say that, don't they? And they mean it, right? Right?
Damn.

HeartofJuyoMk2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Okay I have a clear victor now. I mentioned the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Anakin Solo before, and I finally figured out all of its specs. This beast is painted matte-black and has gravity-well generators for pulling ships out of hyperdrive, a cloaking device on the mid-spine of the ship which serves to further hide the beast.

In addition, among the advanced anti-starfighter weaponry which solves the problem of the older Imperial Deuces being vulnerable to snubfighters, the Anakin supports four batteries of state-of-the-art long range turbolasers which are devastatingly accurate against even small ships like the Millennium Falcon.

The Solo holds the standard wing of GA starfighters, mostly the new XJ7 X-wings utilized during the second galactic civil war, and Colonel Solo's own StealthX (which is a facinating ship in and of itself).

Possibly the most important aspect of this ship is its commander, Colonel Jacen Solo, who had the monster built after taking the commission for the Galactic Alliance Guard (a secret counter-terrorism police force). Jacen Solo, as he makes his journey into the path of the Sith Lords as Darth Caedus, learns to use the Force to coordinate massive fleet actions which can easily turn the tide of battle using the power known as Battle meditation, or Control mind for the sith.

Ultimately, the Anakin Solo acts as a flagship, carrier, mobile base, and just brute artillery all under the command of one of the most powerful Force-users to live. Awesomeness confirmed.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I have a clear victor now. I mentioned the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Anakin Solo before, and I finally figured out all of its specs. This beast is painted matte-black and has gravity-well generators for pulling ships out of hyperdrive, a cloaking device on the mid-spine of the ship which serves to further hide the beast.

In addition, among the advanced anti-starfighter weaponry which solves the problem of the older Imperial Deuces being vulnerable to snubfighters, the Anakin supports four batteries of state-of-the-art long range turbolasers which are devastatingly accurate against even small ships like the Millennium Falcon.

The Solo holds the standard wing of GA starfighters, mostly the new XJ7 X-wings utilized during the second galactic civil war, and Colonel Solo's own StealthX (which is a facinating ship in and of itself).

Possibly the most important aspect of this ship is its commander, Colonel Jacen Solo, who had the monster built after taking the commission for the Galactic Alliance Guard (a secret counter-terrorism police force). Jacen Solo, as he makes his journey into the path of the Sith Lords as Darth Caedus, learns to use the Force to coordinate massive fleet actions which can easily turn the tide of battle using the power known as Battle meditation, or Control mind for the sith.

Ultimately, the Anakin Solo acts as a flagship, carrier, mobile base, and just brute artillery all under the command of one of the most powerful Force-users to live. Awesomeness confirmed.
Just gotta drop a note in, based on several of your posts in this thread.

There's a whole word of science fiction and science fantasy beyond Star Wars. Star Wars is fun, and has lots of neat ships... but some other ships in science fiction are at least as impressive. You think you've got an impressive ship here... consider the Pierson's Puppeteers from Larry Niven; they moved entire worlds as if they were starships! You just might enjoy looking into some of the other ships mentioned in this thread... ;)

HeartofJuyoMk2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just gotta drop a note in, based on several of your posts in this thread.

There's a whole word of science fiction and science fantasy beyond Star Wars. Star Wars is fun, and has lots of neat ships... but some other ships in science fiction are at least as impressive. You think you've got an impressive ship here... consider the Pierson's Puppeteers from Larry Niven; they moved entire worlds as if they were starships! You just might enjoy looking into some of the other ships mentioned in this thread... ;)
Oh I know, but since I've been a child I've loved this series heh.

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The coolest sci-fi ship I can think of is in Robert Zubrin's book The Case for Mars. It's only science fiction because it hasn't happened yet, but I think that's pretty much close to what will be the first ship to take humans to Mars. Also, the HAB at the Mars Desert Research Station in Utah where I lived for two weeks is modeled after it...

On To Mars!

strikesubmit

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
those Veritech fighters from Macross (Robotech), hands down...

they turn into giant robots!! c'mon!!!

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I always dug the Star Destroyers in Star Wars

Yep. The Super Star Destroyer "Executor" from the ESB, although I'm guessing she'd be a b*tch to park.

Or anything from Battle Fleet Gothic. I love gothic sci-fi. But it gets "seriously" nerdy... Ahem.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep. The Super Star Destroyer "Executor" from the ESB, although I'm guessing she'd be a b*tch to park.

Not really, just put it over or through anything in the way. When you're that big you park where you want and let them adjust the paring space around you

Latest Discussions