Controversial Reports About Bruce Lee

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Regardless of what drugs (if any) really had a part to play in Lee's death, their use was just a symptom of his core problem. His main problem was himself. He was so driven and obsessive with accomplishment and excellence, I think he simply pushed himself beyond his considerable limits.

Look at some of his accomplishments:
child actor, ballroom dance champion, kung fu expert, boxing champion, philosophy major, Hong Kong movie star, USA TV and movie star, JKD founder.

He trained in conditioning and MA to an extreme level, seldom ate, and engaged in some experimental methods of physical development. Taking all the above into consideration (three lifetimes worth of achievements), is it no wonder he burned up like a meteor streaking to earth? Short lived, but burning so brightly.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Regardless of what drugs (if any) really had a part to play in Lee's death, their use was just a symptom of his core problem. His main problem was himself. He was so driven and obsessive with accomplishment and excellence, I think he simply pushed himself beyond his considerable limits.

child actor, ballroom dance champion, kung fu expert, boxing champion, philosophy major, Hong Kong movie star, USA TV and movie star, JKD founder.

He trained in conditioning and MA to an extreme level, seldom ate, and engaged in some experimental methods of physical development. Taking all the above into consideration (three lifetimes worth of achievements), is it no wonder he burned up like a meteor streaking to earth? Short lived, but burning so brightly.

Whichever medical report you choose to trust most, they all involve drugs. But back then, cocaine wasn't a big deal. Now we know it's direct relation to cerebral edema, "coke brain". And we know Bruce was a regular user of many drugs.

And to think some tried to blame that on him eating cannabis, because it was in his stomach when they sliced it open. Nobody ever died from that unless they were allergic to it, which he was clearly not. But cocaine? Ouch.

What do you think of Quentin Tarantino's parody? I think it was about as accurate as his parody of Hitler. Not very grounded in the real world.

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score

So agree. The drive he had to achieve these things is what also killed him. I have heard many stories from his friends and students that he was a multi tasked all the time and could never settle down. Hence why he used some of the drugs to calm himself.

Latest Discussions