Continuous sparring without ESS

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The implication is that your way is better, but other people are free to be wrong, because it doesn't affect you.
There's no implication, except in your mind. As shocking as it may seem, I actually write what I mean. When I say it doesn't matter to me what you choose to do, it means exactly that.
And the whole "Just like 8 year old black belts" has nothing to do with the thread, but just goes to show everyone that at your school, black belts are real black belts, not fake black belts like other schools. (Which is extra ironic because you also preach that belts don't matter).
That isn't what I've said at all. You know that, of course, but what I've actually said doesn't fit your narrative.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There's no implication, except in your mind. As shocking as it may seem, I actually write what I mean. When I say it doesn't matter to me what you choose to do, it means exactly that.
If there was no implication, then what you said is pointless.
That isn't what I've said at all. You know that, of course, but what I've actually said doesn't fit your narrative.
Now you're just gaslighting. I really wish I could block you.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
How do you keep score to determine winners other than just opinion? I was considering digital counters. I found some on amazon for $7 each that we use in class because we are a small school and can't afford daedo or any of that. They come in colors so having each corner judge with a red and blue counter seems like it could work. When I used to compete as a teenager I always hated how unfair a lot of scoring seemed before the electronic scoring systems but they are ridiculously over priced.
We have some preformed scoring sheets. I looked, but do not have a copy on my laptop. We have a judge's meeting before tournaments to agree on how we will score techniques and scoring area. But we keep it simple usually do something like:
Scoring punch: 1-point
Lead leg/rear leg kick - 1-point
Spinning kick - 2-points

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
ITF System - Briefly. (Now replaced with electronic scoring) Score Sheets have 2 Columns. One for Red and One for Blue. 4 Corners each have a sheet. Corner keeps thumb in center so without looking down they can put a has mark on the correct side for each point. Alternatively if some techniques are worth more than 1 point the can write the numeral. Scorer table keeps track of warnings and Minus points. At end of round Corner Tallies points and deducts any minus points and circles red or Blue or both for tie. Corner collects cards an gives to scorer table along with a red or blue tie breaker card (USTF System) placed face down on the table. Scorer looks at corner cards. Most cards choosing red or blue determines winner. Only if there is a tie is center ref card looked at.

Latest Discussions