Contemplating adding Tae Kwon Do along with Combat Hapkido

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Right. Now, granted, there are some middle aged adults that can rock-n-roll 5 nights a week. Usually, though, these are the "lifers". They are usually Teachers. :supcool:

I can accept my practice as my practice. When I show up and get dressed, I aim to practice hard. I am not there to be lazy. I am not there to be sloppy, and not paying attention.

But, you know, I do not practice 5 nights a week. But, when I go, yes, its on, as much as I can do. Sometimes I have to "miss a kick" to try to get my knee back right after some side kicks with the left foot. I am lifting weights, leg curls and leg extensions as therapy, and soon I will also do some leg presses, but, we age, and, well, the body changes.

But, I do not fret or despair. No. I can still do some motions with good power, just not as I used to. But, that does not steal my joy of practice. At the end of the class, I feel good.

Good Times, Good People. Good Martial Art. What more can one want? I will be my age with or without this Treasure. I choose to be this age WITH this Treasure!

Ha!

Latest Discussions