confusing workout.

M

muayThaiPerson

I hear you have to flex ur abs when doing the crunches. so is it flexing outward, inward, or downward, what? i can flex many differrent ways. :confused: . how about doin ab workouts where, when im down, my shoulders arent touching the floor. so they are flexed. and how far do i go up?

ab workouts are headaching. there are so many ways!!:confused:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by muayThaiPerson

I hear you have to flex ur abs when doing the crunches. so is it flexing outward, inward, or downward, what? i can flex many differrent ways. :confused: . how about doin ab workouts where, when im down, my shoulders arent touching the floor. so they are flexed. and how far do i go up?

ab workouts are headaching. there are so many ways!!:confused:

Oh just bypass them all and do our abb workout. Go into a headstand with back against the wall (for beginners) and lower both legs together, legs being straight, kness locked, down to 90 degree angle, then back up straight. :D That solves the issue right there, you have to flex right or you will fall.

7sm

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flex them inward. they'll build in whatever direction you flex, so you want to pull inward to keep your stomach flat and get that six pack thing going on.

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

NIghtingale,

if i dont pull them in, wat is the default way they will develop?

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

bluging out....u mean it will just be a big sack of muscle? so there wont be that six pack right?

then wont pulling them in make them crush ur organs?

thanks for the advice:asian:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no. lol

whether you flex in or flex out determines the shape of the muscle as it forms. pulling in gives it that flat six pack shape. flexing out doesn't. you don't get the tone in the right places.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by nightingale8472

no. lol

whether you flex in or flex out determines the shape of the muscle as it forms. pulling in gives it that flat six pack shape. flexing out doesn't. you don't get the tone in the right places.

Thats a very good point, one that alot of people don't understand. I'm scared of getting those "bulging" stomach muscles so I am a little anal about my abb routine. I don't want to end up with a stomach like Sylvester Stalones(as much as he is in shape, I jsut don't want his stomach).

7sm

Latest Discussions