Common Core for MA, SD Instruction?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just writing a post full of nonsense, doesn't alter the fact, that out puts are dependent on inputs, if you have no idea what out puts you want and how they will be measured, then you have no idea what inputs are required, which makes all your Input suggestions worthless, or to out it anotherway, where is your output analysis and feed back loop
That actually wasn't "nonsense". It makes perfect sense, though I don't think the model aligns with the issues here.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That actually wasn't "nonsense". It makes perfect sense, though I don't think the model aligns with the issues here.
Well then it's nonsense in the context of the point he was trying to make in this threaD wasn't it.

If someone wants to discuss how to make a cUp of coffee and I tell them how tea is grown then it's a nonsensical answer

And he is wrong anyway,

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then it's nonsense in the context of the point he was trying to make in this threaD wasn't it.

If someone wants to discuss how to make a cUp of coffee and I tell them how tea is grown then it's a nonsensical answer

And he is wrong anyway,
You understand analogies, don't you?

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did indeed, it reminded me of a boss I had once, who would attempt to answer questions on which he was clueless, by using technical terms with out any understanding in the forlorn hope of bamboozeling people over his undrrstanding, your post is nonsensical to those of us who have learnt a living doing processed design for management systems, give me a single example of a binary input on a organisation Process flow chart

Dude, you can’t even correctly write a
I did indeed, it reminded me of a boss I had once, who would attempt to answer questions on which he was clueless, by using technical terms with out any understanding in the forlorn hope of bamboozeling people over his undrrstanding, your post is nonsensical to those of us who have learnt a living doing processed design for management systems, give me a single example of a binary input on a organisation Process flow chart

Man, don't fear what you don't know. You cannot even make a post that isn't fraught with typo's. I would hate to see you try to write code or design a process flow. You would not make it past the first day before your fraudulence would be figure out.
Flow chart binary decision? Part comes to a stop. The decision is made to go right or left. Damn. that was easy. I'm guessing you either pull wrenches for a living which I respect or you put parts on a pallet all day, which also I respect. Too many times I deal with the latter thinking they understand a process when all they know is a very small part. I didn't challenge you on any personal level. Why are you?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dude, you can’t even correctly write a

Man, don't fear what you don't know. You cannot even make a post that isn't fraught with typo's. I would hate to see you try to write code or design a process flow. You would not make it past the first day before your fraudulence would be figure out.
Flow chart binary decision? Part comes to a stop. The decision is made to go right or left. Damn. that was easy. I'm guessing you either pull wrenches for a living which I respect or you put parts on a pallet all day, which also I respect. Too many times I deal with the latter thinking they understand a process when all they know is a very small part. I didn't challenge you on any personal level.hy are you?

ThatS the root the inpuT takes,not the input it's self, so again aN example of a binary input ?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, are you suggest that pile of tripe he wrote was an analogy ? Rather than just tripe, what was it an analogy for?
He was drawing a comparison between the controls in automation (inputs controlled to produce predictable outputs) and selection/qualification criteria in MA. I think it's a flawed analogy, but it's not entirely misplaced.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He was drawing a comparison between the controls in automation (inputs controlled to produce predictable outputs) and selection/qualification criteria in MA. I think it's a flawed analogy, but it's not entirely misplaced.
That's not an analogy it's just a very bad example, aTo be an analogy it needs to be compared with some thing dissimIlar, like say a heart and a Water pump,And of course he made no comparison

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not an analogy it's just a very bad example, aTo be an analogy it needs to be compared with some thing dissimIlar, like say a heart and a Water pump,And of course he made no comparison
Actually, he did. He compared automation analysis to MA certification.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, he did. He compared automation analysis to MA certification.
Just read it again, can see where any comparisons between the two were made, he say it's the same, when it clearly isn't and that's not a comparison, just an incorrect statment

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ThatS the root the inpuT takes,not the input it's self, so again aN example of a binary input ?
Root? I think you mean route.
In programmable logic controller vernacular, discrete devices are input or output devices that provide or receive discrete digital signals. A discrete digital signal is one that can report only two states, such as ON/OFF or open/closed. Binary.
A limit switch is an example of a discrete input device because, at any given time, it is either open or closed. It sends a discrete digital signal to a controller. This signal can have one of only two values, 0 or 1, indicating that the device is either OFF or ON, respectively.
I can do this all day.

OP
dvcochran

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To those who have made this a spirited and , for me a valuable conversion I apologize for getting off track.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Root? I think you mean route.
In programmable logic controller vernacular, discrete devices are input or output devices that provide or receive discrete digital signals. A discrete digital signal is one that can report only two states, such as ON/OFF or open/closed. Binary.
A limit switch is an example of a discrete input device because, at any given time, it is either open or closed. It sends a discrete digital signal to a controller. This signal can have one of only two values, 0 or 1, indicating that the device is either OFF or ON, respectively.
I can do this all day.
A device which Has an input and gives an out put( and ALL Have both), are NOT system inputs, , They are part of the system, they Arnt,inputs to the system, for instance food is an input, the stomach, is the process, work done is an out put,

Nb you can pick me up on my sprawling all you like, I don't cur

Latest Discussions