Coffee, Tea or ?

Coffee, Tea or other? What do you drink and how?

• Regular Coffee (Folgers, Maxwell house, etc)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Regular Tea (Liptons, Salada, etc)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Green Tea

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Specialty Coffee (Coffee Shop and Cafes like StarBucks)

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Specialty Tea (Tea House, Coffee Shop)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Soda / Pop (Pepsi, Coke, etc)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Sports Drinks

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Tap Water

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Bottled and Specialty Water

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

MartialArtsChic

Coffee and water are the only things I drink.

For coffee its Starbucks or Caribou ONLY. I buy it for home too. Just straight up coffee, not the latte, cappacinos, mochas or any other stuff, just straight coffee. :burp:

R

rschoon

cheap (folgers or what's on sale) coffee in the morning, an occasional Mountain Dew and bottled or filtered water.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MartialArtsChic said:
Coffee and water are the only things I drink.

For coffee its Starbucks or Caribou ONLY. I buy it for home too. Just straight up coffee, not the latte, cappacinos, mochas or any other stuff, just straight coffee. :burp:
Can't stand the Starbucks coffee. Every cup of it I've ever had tastes like it's burned. We have a chain of coffee shops in town called Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea. They have some great coffee. I too drink my coffee straight up. Some one asked once how I took my coffee and I said "Hot and black" The common reply to that is "Is that how you take your women too?" (she WAS rather cute). I replied, with a sardonic smile, that if my coffee were like my women it would be cold and bitter. :asian:

H

Han_Tsu_Ki

Myself, I drink about 5-6 cans of coke a day. I'll probably be dead in 10 years but I'm trying to balance it out by drinking one bottle of water for every two cans.

E

edhead2000

theletch1 said:
We have a chain of coffee shops in town called Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea. They have some great coffee.
And cakes/pies! :)

Fightfan00

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I tend to drink water or gatorade usually but lately i've been drinking a lot of soda which I know isnt good for anyone.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
edhead2000 said:
And cakes/pies! :)
Yes, they do have good cakes and pies there. When I first began driving for the company that I drive for now I would fill in for who ever was out. One of the routes was a small delivery truck that dropped off mats, mop heads and cleaning rags to places. I ran that route for several weeks and every time I delivered they insisted that I grab a cup of coffee and something to eat as I left the building. Not as expensive as a Starbucks and the coffee was better.

S

shasticon

I can't stand coffee or tea. I drink plenty of tap water, filtered through a Brita pitcher if I'm at home but straight from the municipal supply if I'm at work or a friend's house. I'll usually pick up a liter bottle of Aquafina or Dasani about once a week and refill it two or three times a day. I used to drink sodas by the case, but a couple of years ago I started cutting down. Now I pick up a couple of two-liters of Diet Mountain Dew when I buy groceries, maybe get a twenty-ounce when I fill the truck up with gas, but that's about it. Oh, and no restaurant in the world carries Diet Dew, so I have to resort to Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi if I go out and I don't feel like water.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok since I posted.. I have totally given up all my fruity drinks.. yep.. just coffee and water now.. and I was soooooo ANTI Plain water.. but I have given in and so be it.. I am even drinking tap water.. yeah I know.. blech..

E

edhead2000

Try Fruit2O! :) Really, I don't own stock in the company although the way I drink it, I probably should! :) No calories, no sugar, tastes great! :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Before I got in to recovery (from alcoholism :drink2tha ) I used to drink coffee a lot. Loved it. But now it makes my stomach twitter and shake and just be plain ornery so I avoid it. Tea (hot or cold) is alright with me. Love green tea (hot or cold Arizona) and what it can do for you.
But I tend to stick with Mt. Dew 90% of the time. Otherwise it'll be a healthy mix of fruit juices (orange and pineapple juice is a fav.) and water when I'm caving or hiking.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a Jew by Osmosis.. and I can't .. I absolutely refuse to pay the prices they want for flavored water.. I 'goink' at buying spring water *G*
I do like the AquaCal... calcium and Vit C enhanced and no sodium.. but damn they charge way too much~!

E

edhead2000

True.......Costco's not too bad though.......and I drink it.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Starbuck's coffee that I make at home, water, tap and bottled, skim milk and OJ and grape juice mostly.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Juice and vitamin supp first thing followed by black coffee without sugar or with sugar alternative , green tea cold in the morning , milk during the day, water and green tea at night.

No sugar / no coke / no soda. Lemon juice if I have some.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grind my own coffee, get it from Kauai, they ship it every month. We are definitely hooked on it. No chemical taste at all. I like Dark Peaberry the best but Blue Mountain is good too. They have a great free coffee tasting bar there on Kauai and I really got revved sitting there for a couple of hours. We probably would all have heart attacks doing that before a exercise session.

I drink juice very sparingly, occasionally., and also alot of water. TW

M

MikeMartial

TigerWoman said:
Grind my own coffee, get it from Kauai, they ship it every month. We are definitely hooked on it. No chemical taste at all. I like Dark Peaberry the best but Blue Mountain is good too. They have a great free coffee tasting bar there on Kauai and I really got revved sitting there for a couple of hours. We probably would all have heart attacks doing that before a exercise session.

Wow, and I thought I was alone in my level of addiction! I get my coffee from a local roaster, who is very selective about what he brings in. Jamacian Blue Mountain has been one of my all time favs, but I'm a regular Tanazian Peaberry drinker myself :)

I've tried switching to good, healthy green teas, juice, etc etc. But, hell, it ain't gonna kill me. Java forever!

halie18

White Belt
Reaction score

I never grind my coffee but now looking at the Weber HG-1 here and from what I saw at $1000 definitely not cheap. I've never been too sure about the quality of the budget grinders and although I appreciate that once ground the coffee quickly loses its quality, it just makes me think at what point does the better quality grinder pre-ground outweigh having a budget grinder

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I never grind my coffee but now looking at the Weber HG-1 here and from what I saw at $1000 definitely not cheap. I've never been too sure about the quality of the budget grinders and although I appreciate that once ground the coffee quickly loses its quality, it just makes me think at what point does the better quality grinder pre-ground outweigh having a budget grinder

I purchased a Niche Zero grinder a few years ago and am very happy with it. Works well with for coffee and espresso. There are some others in the $600 or so range that are also really good for espresso. And you can get great grinders for coffee for less than that.

You definitely get what you pay for with grinders. And based on my own experience, the grinder is as important (or more important) than the brewer.

Latest Discussions