Claims on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by D.Cobb
I think this would be true for Japanese or Okinawan systems, but what about those systems from other places around the world, where ancient traditions aren't held in such high esteem? Obviously I am talking of those systems that have stood the test of time, and have proven themselves to be valid. You know systems like American Kenpo and such like.

--Dave

:confused:

My brother-in-laws instructor, Mr. Tarow Hayashi was raised American and lived in the (world war era) internment camps (is that what they called them when the locked up the Japanese Americans).

Although he was actually an American, his certificates (that he issued) were all issued with handwritten Kanji. My certificates up to brown are from the late Mr. Hayashi and his organization. He also used custom "odd sized" paper to help prevent forgery and each certificate was stamped with the state seal of Texas.

But in America that is not common, especially today. Goju for example. USA Goju broke off from Japan some 40 years ago. The reason for the split is of no consequence. But I think that it would be safe to say that during those 40 years, that handwritten Kanji disapeared and the certificates are 100% legitimate.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by akja

Although he was actually an American, his certificates (that he issued) were all issued with handwritten Kanji.

Actually from the certificates I saw in the photo they all seem to have the exact same kanji on them.Exact same meaning as in size and style.
Look at the far left side you can see the word Karate Do written on each and it looks just like all the others. It would be nice to see what is on them with a closer and clearer photo of them.

But in America that is not common, especially today. Goju for example. USA Goju broke off from Japan some 40 years ago. The reason for the split is of no consequence.

Uuuh no. American Goju did not split away from Japan Goju……..Peter Urban was “let go” by the Japanese Goju group because he was/is a nut case.

[/B][/QUOTE]But I think that it would be safe to say that during those 40 years, that handwritten Kanji disapeared and the certificates are 100% legitimate. [/B][/QUOTE]

Those from “American Goju” are legit for them, however they probably don’t hold weight in other Goju groups, as Peter Urban is considered a bit of a whacko by many people.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I think this would be true for Japanese or Okinawan systems, but what about those systems from other places around the world, where ancient traditions aren't held in such high esteem? Obviously I am talking of those systems that have stood the test of time, and have proven themselves to be valid. You know systems like American Kenpo and such like.

--Dave

:confused:

My comment wasn't really directed at ranks issued by western people, slpinter groups or other variations of an art. It was meant at those arts those that claim rank from Asia.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

HUH!! What a wussy. I have never needed to use my toothbrush in any of the hundreds of situations like the one above, that I have been in.

What can I say.......your ki is more developed than the average person................wait a minute...........do they even have bears "Down Under"????:confused:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Kanji is the same
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Actually from the certificates I saw in the photo they all seem to have the exact same kanji on them.Exact same meaning as in size and style.
Look at the far left side you can see the word Karate Do written on each and it looks just like all the others. It would be nice to see what is on them with a closer and clearer photo of them

The Kanji is the same on all. It probably translates something to do with the art or org., It won't fit in my scanner but I can scan the Kanji side and post it.
:asian:

OP
M

MartialArtist

What can I say.......your ki is more developed than the average person................wait a minute...........do they even have bears "Down Under"????:confused:
Nothing like the grizzlies in the USA and Canada...

However, you have to keep in mind that Australia is the home of the most dangerous animals in the world! I mean, almost every animal there is equipped with sharp teeth, powerful legs, poison, etc. Even the harmless looking ones like the platypus!

Plus, they got so many sharks and poisonous aqautic plants it's not even funny.

So yes, you need ki and lots of it to battle all those animals, especially with a tooth brush.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Should see the bear in Alaska!

I'll give the nod to Austrailia on the shark thing though :cool:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Kanji is the same

The Kanji is the same on all. It probably translates something to do with the art or org., It won't fit in my scanner but I can scan the Kanji side and post it.
Here it is.

Attachments

• $zenbujutsukanji3.jpg
    $zenbujutsukanji3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 306
OP
R

RyuShiKan

The Kanji is the same

The Kanji is the same on all. It probably translates something to do with the art or org.,

I meant the same as in looking photocopied not as in their meaning.

That looks like it was hand written and then possibly photocopied for all the certificates.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Actually, if you were to talk to some of your older servicemen, that have spent time down here, you might get them to tell you about the incredibly dangerous "DROP BEAR ".

It was a ruse, created as a practicle joke, sometime around WW2. One of our blokes found a dead Koala, which is actually a marsupial, not a bear, and took it up a tree. Another fella was telling this group of green GI's about the aforementioned Drop Bear. As they walked under the tree they were attacked by one and a legend was born.

As if Australia didn't have enough weird looking animals, we have to and create new ones.:D

You should hear about the infamous Hoop Snake .:rofl:

--Dave
:rofl:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtist
Nothing like the grizzlies in the USA and Canada...

However, you have to keep in mind that Australia is the home of the most dangerous animals in the world! I mean, almost every animal there is equipped with sharp teeth, powerful legs, poison, etc. Even the harmless looking ones like the platypus!

Plus, they got so many sharks and poisonous aqautic plants it's not even funny.

So yes, you need ki and lots of it to battle all those animals, especially with a tooth brush.

Hey, you forgot about our spiders. We even have hybrid breeds that are less than 30 years old, but really nasty.

I don't use ki on them though, usually just a shoe.:D

It's interesting that you know about the platypus being poisonous, most Australians don't.

I always think of "Platypus" as one of those words made up by Yosemite Sam. Goldurn Platypus Varmint!:rofl:

--Dave

Attachments

• $yosemite sam.jpg
    $yosemite sam.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 296
OP
R

RyuShiKan

Speaking of cheese…………..let’s get the thread back on track.

This thread is about people that make bogus claims on the Internet.

The bogus claims can be about rank, titles etc……

This thread is not about judging skill level over the Internet but only bogus claims.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
I meant the same as in looking photocopied not as in their meaning.

That looks like it was hand written and then possibly photocopied for all the certificates.

I think your right. Can you read it? What does it say?

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score

The kanji that you posted that were large enough to read were "kara te do." The other pics were too small for me to read... RyuShiKan, being better at Japanese and Chinese than I am, may have been able to make out the smaller pics...?

Gambarimasu.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
..... But I think that it would be safe to say that during those 40 years, that handwritten Kanji disapeared and the certificates are 100% legitimate.....

Whether the cert is legit or not is only one of the issues. You can have a Smith Backyard-Garage Federation issued 100% authentic Smithy Realistic TKD 6th Dan. Of course it is legit. Mr. Smithy printed the darn thing off his kid's printer himself. But it is toilet paper, as far as TKD is concerned. It has no recognition beyond Mr. Smithy's garage crews/fellowship. Nobody knows what bogus standard Mr. Smithy has cooked up. No one cares neither. It is 6th Dan of garbage, 8th Dan of MoogooGaiPan.

That is the core problem with Joe, Dick and Harry starting up crack pot martial arts as well as issuing garbage certificates. There is the complete absence of certification in the certificate. You only have Smithy's sweet words to go by. If that is good enough for you, that says a lot about you too. (I don't mean you, akja specifically)

As for proof, I have to laugh when people whine about how they should be judged by their ability etc. When people who claim 6tg dan, 8th dan or 9th dan in whatever arts, but clearly demonstrated the LACK of knowledge about the inner working of their arts, that is all the proof you need to know that they are bogus. Their lack of knowledge is all the evidence you need. Someone with those advance ranks/degrees, possess a certain high level of knowledge that go with the positions. They can't fake this.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

If you want me to translate the rest of it let me know.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by A.R.K.
WHHhhhoooooosssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Whats that noise?

It's the wind blowing through a dead horse's skull! :rofl:

Sounds more like your imagination playing tricks on you…………….

Mr. Smith is in a non-Korean country and he is non-Korean. He is taking TKD classes and has reached the point where Sensei Jones feels Mr. Smith is ready to test for his 1st degree black belt. Sensei Jones [or whatever the Korean word for instructor is] is a registered member of the Kukkiwon, lets say he's at 4th Dan.

Odd you wouldn’t know the Korean word for instructor since you claim to be the Korean Yudo & Hapkido Assn. Representative for the State of Florida.
Oh well, guess that that kind of knowledge isn’t important when you are Representative for a Korean Organization.

*Can Sensei Jones present him with a 'school' black belt alone?

Sure why not………..can the new black belt claim he represents a Korean Organization? I guess it depends on if he is registered with one.
Will a Korean Org. accept his rank……….depends on the Org. I guess.

*Does Mr. Smith HAVE to join the Kukkiwon for their okey dokey?

I thought that was “Soke Dokey” :rofl:
Depends on what he wants to “claim” I guess

*Can Mr. Smith go with a different non-Kukkiwon organization if he so chooses?

Sure, he can get together with some of his “buds” and make up some bogus organizations and they could have a mutual dan promotion party until they are all 25th dans.
Then claim that he is recognized by his peers. That has been done by more than a few people on the Internet.

*If Mr. Smith decides to no be affiliated with any particular organization, or no organization does that affect the validity of his 1st degree black belt in any way?

It only affects it if he claims it was from a certain organization which it was not issued by.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Ahhh, look who still has his feelings hurt :rolleyes:

Gosh Robert, that was posted quite a while ago, I guess you bringing up others posts and making snide remarks is all you have left to do? :shrug:

Hey you could always fire of another profane email to me. I've come to expect that from you anyway.

You sure do pout quite a bit. :eek:

Sure, he can get together with some of his “buds” and make up some bogus organizations and they could have a mutual dan promotion party until they are all 25th dans.

You keep whinning about this. Anybody done this that you know of? I mean actually know of? Anybody here? Present some proof for a change :rolleyes:

BTW - loved your latest email tirade. At least you kept it mostly clean :D

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Ahhh, look who still has his feelings hurt :rolleyes:

You lost me. I have no idea what your are referring to by having my feelings hurt.

Hey you could always fire of another profane email to me. I've come to expect that from you anyway.

I have actually had to block your account due to your unsolicited harassing emails.

You sure do pout quite a bit. :eek:

Again you have lost me……….

Anybody done this that you know of? I mean actually know of? Anybody here? Present some proof for a change :rolleyes:

Rod Sacharnoski, William Durbin…………..

Status
Not open for further replies.