Christmas = Sex Magic!

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Interesting....

I always wondered why Santa shouts "Ho, Ho, Ho!!!!!!!!.......Mmmmeeerrrrryyyyyy Christmas!!!!!!!"

It's all coming together now.....

Santa sliding down the chimney.....

Yes, very suspicious if you ask me.......

;)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why do you think the cartoons in the Playboy December issues were always funny?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My personal favorite is how they claim that the Yule log is a tradition to venerate the Norse god Jule and that the log traditionally took the form of a 16 foot log carved in the shape of a phallus.

Roman Christmas is also very interesting...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm surprised that it isn't more widely known that Christmas is merely a corrupted version of earlier pagan ceremonies and celebrations. A similar hi-jack occurred of what we now treat as Easter, with the Morris Men and the Maypole in particular having the roots cut from underneath them (that quaint dance is all that remains of a grand combat for the chance to take your pick of the village maidens).

I guess that's just proof of how good a "hatchet job" the 'church' finally managed (tho' it did take them quite a few centuries to oust the earlier belief systems from Britain).

I wish I could have a watch of the video linked to but works Net Nannie prevents access so I'll just have to watch as peoples comments accrue and garner my assessment from there :D.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My personal favorite is how they claim that the Yule log is a tradition to venerate the Norse god Jule and that the log traditionally took the form of a 16 foot log carved in the shape of a phallus.

Roman Christmas is also very interesting...

I'm thinking Chevy Chase "yule log" comments from "Christmas Vacation" here..... :)

I love that movie.

".....and when Santa squeezes his fat white *** down the chimney, we're gonna be the jolliest bunch of ********....."

Ho, Ho, Ho

:D

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is old news. Most Christians I know are well aware of the pagan roots of most 'Christian' holidays and you will find as many opinions on what to do about it as you find Christians. Everything from "Christian's shouldn't practice Christmas" to "It's ok, the original symbolism has been replaced"

As a Christian myself, I just view Christmas and Easter as secular holidays anway.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is old news. Most Christians I know are well aware of the pagan roots of most 'Christian' holidays and you will find as many opinions on what to do about it as you find Christians. Everything from "Christian's shouldn't practice Christmas" to "It's ok, the original symbolism has been replaced"

I strongly disagree with this. I think that most Christians are completely in the dark regarding the pagan roots of not only their holidays but their entire religion. I grew up Roman Catholic and very very few people I knew had any idea regarding this. The majority of people grow up believing this or that and basically doing what they are told.

As a Christian myself, I just view Christmas and Easter as secular holidays anway.

This really is the truth isn't it? The historical roots of Christmas and Easter are totally fictional and entirely political. These holidays were designed to influence people to conform and do not really venerate anything. It really makes one question their ultimate purpose...and it makes me question the point of even celebrating them.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I strongly disagree with this. I think that most Christians are completely in the dark regarding the pagan roots of not only their holidays but their entire religion. I grew up Roman Catholic and very very few people I knew had any idea regarding this. The majority of people grow up believing this or that and basically doing what they are told.

Probably a frame of reference. I grew up RC as well before converting to 'evangelical' and in the RC church it isn't mentioned much I remember it come up every single christmas and easter once I became evangelical and is usually a topic of conversation when talking to other families about 'plans for the holidays' I no longer consider myself an evangelical Christian but it's still something pretty regularly discussed with the Christian families I know. Perhaps the circles one trravels in, but it['s no great secret or mystery or surprise to many Christians..including most that I know.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
thanks for sharing this. there is alot of good work going on, if you look for it, about just what constitutes the historical traditions of our culture. i am of the mind that most people, and many who proclaim themselves christians, don't know the history of the pagan traditions like christmas and easter.

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, the question is, as a christian, do we play the game and maintain the tradition, or quit christmas?

When I was about 12 years old, my father had done this sort of research and found the same things as in the clip, so he took Christmas away from us kids. There were four really, really, really, unhappy kids, who didn't understand why we couldn't have christmas. We spent the day like any other, and didn't even have a special meal together or anything...no tree, gifts, etc. It was a most memorable experiance, and not necessarily a good one for us.

I think it's important to understand the history, but also that we don't do christmas to honor the pagens, or even the birth of Jesus. It's all about family, and loving each other. At least, that is what it means to me. We are greatful for the birth of Jesus, but we also recognize that Dec. 25th is not his actual birthday.

Anyhow, just my opinion.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was explained to me once that the garland is actually derived from the practice of hooking a captured enemy's entrails to a tree branch. The soldier would march himself around the tree until dead. It is my understanding they would gladly do it as a show of bravery to his capturers. This is ken to the Samurai, whom would forcibly cut a square in their abdomen during ritual suicide.
Sean

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yah wee r awl stoo pid.

:banghead:

Arizona Angel

I think you bring up a good point. What do you do? Years ago, when I first started reading about this stuff I felt very despondent. I felt like none of the traditions that I practiced as a child had any historical roots and that religion, as a whole, was completely contrived. This was one of the factors that contributed to my slow conversion to atheism.

Now that I have children of my own, I find myself faced with the same dilemma. I could just go along with everyone else and put up the lights and the trees and the other stolen pagan symbols and pretend that I don't know what any of this really means. Or I could try and invent something new. Whatever I do in this regard isn't going to be understood by very many people however because the majority think Christmas and Easter are exactly what they have been exclaimed. Heck, most people in my frame of reference and I think most people in our culture as a whole think these traditions are as old as dirt.

Anyway, I just don't know what to do. This is my sixth Christmas as a family and I have a hard time with this every year...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I thought most Christians were aware of the pagan roots of the holidays too. I didn't find anything surprising, or new in the posted video.

Maybe they aren't? I don't really know for sure.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There are probably plenty of open-minded Christians out there that do know. I doubt these types of stories bother them at all. Then again, there are Christians out there that would get "the vapors" over such things. That's what I get a chuckle about. If someone has a well established faith, this type of stuff rolls off their back without consequence.

I grew up around "the vapors" type where it was all "You're going to hell for this, you're going to hell for that, and I'm the only one who can save your eternal soul because I'm the only one in the world that can talk directly to God...your prayers mean nothing..." Bleh....

I figure that if I'm already damned because some preacher figures my prayers mean nothing, but he'll communicate with God on my behalf (so long as I fill up the donation tray with $$$), I may as well go out laughing about it. :D

Honestly, I love and respect Christmas and I think Santa is great. :) How he and Mrs. Claus fill the North Pole with all those Elves is still a mystery to me. ;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:) How he and Mrs. Claus fill the North Pole with all those Elves is still a mystery to me. ;)

Come on, where DID you think all the elves from middle earth actually sailed away to?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Come on, where DID you think all the elves from middle earth actually sailed away to?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Nice.....vvveeerrryyyy nice..... :D

So, if one wanted to get in touch with Frodo and see how the finger is doing, they'd write to: Frodo Baggins - C/O - Santa Clause - North Pole?

Dear Frodo,

I was wondering about the reasoning behind the number of endings to your story........... ;)

Latest Discussions