Christian Reconstructionism

R

rmcrobertson

Ah, good. And how many of the 117 innocent people will you personally be executing, to maintain this justice?

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The bible does not contradict itself.. you simply do not understand it... and you never will without G-d Himself teaching you the hidden symbolic codes and the bible's true message, which + - 98% of those who call themselves christians do not know. If anyone sincerely wants to know and has an open heart, PM me and I would be more than happy to help/explain, but if your heart is not right with G-d, don't bother, it's better that you stayed in the dark.

Christ said "In vain do ye seek me, teaching instead the doctrines of men."

R

rmcrobertson

Ah, esotericism. Just like the Rosicrucians, the Masons, and the Illuminati. With, no doubt, a little Dan Brown thrown in and just a soupcon of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Ah, esotericism. Just like the Rosicrucians, the Masons, and the Illuminati. With, no doubt, a little Dan Brown thrown in and just a soupcon of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."
illuminati?? :uhyeah:

R

rmcrobertson

Yeah, these guys ALWAYS get around to the Illuminati. And the Trilateral Comission. And Roswell.

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
Ah, good. And how many of the 117 innocent people will you personally be executing, to maintain this justice?
I'll pull the lever with a grain of salt, because it would result in saving a lot more innocent lives being saved. If you havent noticed our prison system is filled beyond capacity and of those released more than half will commit the crime again.

http://www.sgc.wa.gov/PUBS/Recidivism2002/Recidivism_Report2002.pdf

Ok, I'm willing to hear an alternative soluntion to prison overcrowding and recidivism. My proposal results in zero inmate recidism and a vast decrease in the prison population.

1872-2003.jpg

R

rmcrobertson

You'd actually be willing to say, "So what if they're innocent?" when it was, say, your brother?

As for your other question: a) do something about the poverty, abuse, and persistent racism that we've known have been the root (if not the cause) for much of crime (though certainly not all) for well over a century; b) do something rational and hard-headed about our crazy drug laws; c) support education in prisons; d) pour money into hiring more, better-trained cops in cities like LA.

And oh yes--do something about the our cheerful production of an uglier and uglier, more and more rushed, more and more family-destroying, more and more greedy, society.

yeah, as if.

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
a) do something about the poverty, abuse, and persistent racism that we've known have been the root (if not the cause) for much of crime (though certainly not all) for well over a century;
Wow three strikes, I should be out holding up a 7-Eleven instead of posting online. Nah, I was brought up better than that in the barrio.

b) do something rational and hard-headed about our crazy drug laws;
which crazy drug laws? Why should an addicts have easier access to hard drugs? I'll am willing put in a few more tax dollars for better treatment programs and the legalization of marijauna for medical reasons.

c) support education in prisons;
They had their chance at an education outside of prison, too late now. If on the other hand you propose to increase education funding for non-offenders and the poor am with u.

d) pour money into hiring more, better-trained cops in cities like LA.
We agree on this one, cops deserve the best training and benefits. On the other hand why do we need more. Is it because the current justice system keeps releasing the scum back to the streets.

And oh yes--do something about the our cheerful production of an uglier and uglier, more and more rushed, more and more family-destroying, more and more greedy, society.

ah thought control, birth control, confiscation of personal property, and denial of rights. Who does that remind me of? hmm 1930's funny looking mustache. Perhaps a more recent facist like [size=-1]Che Guaverra. They did a film on him last year and another is comming out this year.[/size]

peace

R

rmcrobertson

You should put money into prison education--one part of in which I work--because it works. It cuts recidivism, it cuts violence--in part, because it means that prisoners have something to lose for the first time.

We should work on poverty because while lots of folks will manage no matter what--you're one, so am I--lots of folks won't. Poverty, racism, etc., put up obstacles that too many folks can't get around for whatever reason.

We should put money intop giving addicts clean needle, legalizing heroin with a prescription, etc., BECAUSE IT FRICKIN' WORKS. EVERY country inEurope where there do this has lower addiction, crime, and HIV/Hep. 3 infection rates than we do. It works--and the only reason we don't handle it boils down to crazy "moral," ideas.

Yes, I understand that it's fun to call anybody who thinks that a little planning and common sense and democracy might be good a commie rat. So tell me--we presently have virtually unbridled capitalism, urban sprawl, the endless expansion of corporations, a fairly-wacko group of "free market" (translation: favors for one's buddies) rightists running the country. Things going in a direction you like, are they?

T

TCA

The Law (Mosiac Law) lead to death by no one being able to meet its standard. God did this to show us that we can not work our way to heaven as most religions spout. Christ came so that we may have life. He died and made the sacrifice for our sins.

Why these people would want to bind themselves to mosaic law is mind boggling. They could never obide to its strictness.

R

rmcrobertson

1. The only followers of Mosaic Law of whom one is aware are Jews, and arguably, Muslims. Nice comment.

2. The reason one supports education for prisoners is that it works. it is practical, it cuts violence, it cuts recidivism, and it does so cheaply. However, those who prefer ivory-tower, ideology-driven theory need not attend to the facts.

3. Similalry, we refuse to adopt pragmatic drug laws and policies--the ones that civilized countries have, and which have been "field-tested." Instead, we prefer to jail more people than any other industrialized country. Nice.

4. One had thought that Christ taught forgiveness, and mercy. Thanks for the corrections.

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
1. wheres the proof that education to prisoners works? I'm not saying its not true, just to see some studies. Whats the sucess rate?

2. Its wrong to assume that all pro death penalty supports are religious zealots.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
3. Similalry, we refuse to adopt pragmatic drug laws and policies--the ones that civilized countries have, and which have been "field-tested."
Like Thailand?

I fail to see what more can reasonably be done to ease poverty in most western nations. The means to get and education and a good job are there for everybody (at least in Australia). To do more would consist of forcibly removing wealth from the rich, and using it to aid the poor. However, that would be little more than stealing. One is also unable to force people to educate themselves and to work, or to be responsible or mature, without enforcing such draconian laws as to make pre-war Germany look like the smurf village.

I also dont think that racism should be addressed by the law. At all. In any form. Someone who refuses to let black people into his establishment will be boycotted by most decent folk, and go out of business. Someone who fires a black person because of their skin should let the public decide how to deal with him. Society should regulate itself in this regard, I feel.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Comparing convicted murderers to the Jews of the holocaust. Do we really want to go there?

Who said anything about the Jews? Hitler exterminated retarded children, people with physical defects, the insane...anybody regarded "defective."

As your citation states it is an "extremely rare" case. Most murders do not suffer from the condition.

Of a tumor? No. From head trauma? Likely a greater number than that of tumors. We may never know because few check, in spite of the correlation between violent behavior and early head trauma.

I'll be very generous and give that 4% of the population didnt do it. This means 96% of them did in fact commit the crimes.

No. It does not. It means that 4% so far have been exonerated.

It appears that you are more than ready to kill innocent people in order to get at the truly guilty. I'm not.

Regards,

Steve

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Anyway, for what it's worth, the only requirements for being a Christian are simple, admit you've sinned and that you cannot redeem yourself from those sins and to let Christ do it for you.

According to you, anyway.

That most certainly is not how the bulk of early Christians (i.e., pre-300's) saw themselves. Then again, most of them believed in reincarnation, too.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Erik said:
Remember, the apostles were Jews though they followed Jesus.]

An intriguing concept, considering none of them could apparently read Hebrew or were familiar with existing Jewish laws (a la divorce rights) or Palestinian geography.

R

rmcrobertson

Uh...we do realize that the argument for removing all discussion of civil rights from the law and from practice trashes ALL civil rights legislation and two hundred years or so of legal precedent, including the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States?

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
digitalronin said:
Yes, my upbringing made me bias against them. Apparently u come from a middle to upper class family and did not have to grow up around the scum.

Its precisely for reasons such as this that individuals emotionally involved in criminal cases do not decide the punishment. Namely, a lack of rational objectivity.

Which, of course, is what most of our punitive system boils down to: revenge. The concern is not to "protect society" or any such benevolent concerns. Rather, it is to make those "scumbags" pay for what they have done. It is societally getting one's kicks in.

This, of course, is just another example of baseless philosophy and ideology giving science, statistics, and logic the old heave-ho.

G

ghostdog2

The problem with most of the "solutions" suggested by the Left is that they discount, as always, personal responsibility.
The litany of the liberal is: Society is the problem; Government is the answer; and people are malleable.
Throw more money and more programs at a problem and it will go away. Failing which, why, throw even more of both at the problem. Because, you see, it's your fault, and society's fault and so you must be made to pay. Change is up to you.
Now, the slacker or the addict or the criminal, he's just fine. He continues his anti-social behaviour 'til you figure out how fix him. Get it? We're the problem, not him.
And if you can't fix him, just give in. Make jails more pleasant, schools easier, drugs legal. Oh yeah, and put "moral" in quotation marks because that's something to be ashamed of.....
That's the kind of fuzzy thinking that got us here in the first place.

Latest Discussions