China May Ban Eating Dogs and Cats

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
From Dennis Leary's album, No Cure for Cancer

Dennis Leary: My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually.

Dennis: What are you?

Otter: I'm an otter.

Dennis: And what do you do?

Otter: I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands.

Dennis: You're free to go. And what are you?

Cow: I'm a cow.

Denis: Get in the ****ing truck, ok pal!

Cow: But I'm an animal.

Dennis: You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!

Cow: I'm an animal, I have rights!

Dennis: (pointing at leather jacket) Yeah, here's yer ****ing cousin, get on the ****ing truck, pal!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
if that means sparing us further stories of the family dog being grilled and fed to unsuspecting family members by "nicest guys", one can only thank you for keeping the bubble intact.
Wait just one more... One of the guys I worked with fed a bunch of his co-workers dog a pot luck when he lived in Texas. He was not a nice guy; in fact, I got him fired, but not for that.
Sean

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait just one more... One of the guys I worked with fed a bunch of his co-workers dog a pot luck when he lived in Texas. He was not a nice guy; in fact, I got him fired, but not for that.
Sean

One suspects there is an endless supply of these just waiting to erupt.... but there are even better true stories where the main course wasn't a dog or cat, but rather something a little closer to home....

Let's spare everyone....

Last edited:

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Meat's meat, and a man's gotta eat. I'd never eat a dog myself, as long as I have options. Besides, like Jules says, a dog's got personality. But in an emergency, sure. Hell, in an emergency I wouldn't recommend any of you stand too close either, if you know what I mean. ;)
But as the Vegan bumper sticker states: MEAT IS MURDER

Of course as the alternative PETA group, People Eating Tasty Animals, would say - that's some finger-licking good Fido.
:uhyeah:
Why do I find it ironic they are protecting their animals before securing civil rights to their 1.3 billion+ human population??

There I go again... being a hairless-ape, biped-centric type needing a reeducation camp.

Repeat one hundred times: "The cockroaches are our brothers".

Ray B

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think it would be a shame if China banned this cultural tradition.
Banning it would just be another Western idiocracy surpressing
another indiginous norm.

Being of Filipino descent, I have seen many things I would not partake
in, but understand and appreciate the cultural significance.

What do you call a Filipino walking a dog?

A vegetarian...

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Culture, schmulture -- it's just food. The Chinese are nothing if not practical, so if it's in their best (business) interests to ban eating dog, they'll do it. I've never known them to treat food as anything other than a commodity. "Hey, what's that? I don't know. Can we eat it?"

:D

diamond

White Belt
Reaction score
I think that dogs and cats are used as food is not civilization.I don't support this

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has ever eaten at McDonald's may have unknowingly partaken in....................
icon7.gif

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that dogs and cats are used as food is not civilization.I don't support this

Why?

What is the reason eating cow would be ok, but not dog or cats?
English people generally don't eat horse, but in Belgium it's considered normal.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why?

What is the reason eating cow would be ok, but not dog or cats?
English people generally don't eat horse, but in Belgium it's considered normal.

Where do you think all the used up racehorses go?

Its illegal in the US to slaughter horses for food, so you guys ship them up here. We do about 100000 horses a year for food, with the vast majority of the meat going to Europe and Asia.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Its illegal in the US to slaughter horses for food, so you guys ship them up here. We do about 100000 horses a year for food, with the vast majority of the meat going to Europe and Asia.
Sechwan Mare anyone? Shetland on a Shingle?
Sean

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I guess they could ban dogs and cats that aren't eating ...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Oh, I'll say it:

Horse tastes good......

Cat tastes good......

Every time I've had dog, I had seconds....

We really need to get over this-I'm tired of people getting upset because I'm eating "Bambi," "Flicka," "Fluffy," or "Rover." If they eat those animals in China (as they have for thousands of years) it's nothing to judge them by. It's certainly not a human rights violation, anyway...:rolleyes:

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meat's meat. Cook it right, slather on enough BBQ and even gramma's be ok to eat.

AidanO

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well there's one serious line of thought that dogs were originally domesticated from the wolf as yet another form of food.

The only difference between dogs (originally) and most of the other animals, who we in the west, have domesticated for food is that dogs are useful for things other than food and resources. In dogs case, hunting, sheep-herding, protection etc are all useful until they get old, at which point the meat is less tender and not as nice as other animals.

bribrius

Green Belt
Reaction score

Don't eat Benji. That is just.......wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well, outside of California it's not illegal, there are just no plants open at this time, plus it is legal for you to have your own horse processed.

Latest Discussions