Chin Na and TangLangQuan

Mr. President

Green Belt
Reaction score
A few questions:

1) Is Chin Na a complete martial art within itself, or is learning it a supplement for an existing art?

2) Same question of Northern Praying Mantis...

3) Where is the best school in the U.S to learn these arts?

4) Is there any live-in Kung Fu school in the U.S?

Thanks

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Every Chinese martial art is made up of Kicking and punching, Shuaijiao and Qinna to verying degrees depending on style.

Qinna is not generally thought of as an art all by itself but there are qinna masters.. mostly in China and Taiwan

Best schools..... other than to say there is no such animal, I will not even venture down this road

Live in Kung Fu schools, YMAA in California but they do not take everyone who wants to go there

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Every Chinese martial art is made up of Kicking and punching, Shuaijiao and Qinna to verying degrees depending on style.

Qinna is not generally thought of as an art all by itself but there are qinna masters.. mostly in China and Taiwan

Best schools..... other than to say there is no such animal, I will not even venture down this road

Live in Kung Fu schools, YMAA in California but they do not take everyone who wants to go there
YMAA do have some really good Chin Na publications. The two I use are both by Dr Yang Jwing-Ming, "Comprehensive Applications of Shaolin Chin Na" and "Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na". :asian:

7-starmantis

White Belt
Reaction score
Chin Na IS a complete system as far as I've learned but most Kung Fu styles incorporate Chin Na in their art.
There are several different Northern Mantis schools. 7-star, Wah Lum, Plum Blossom, Flat board, etc. I study 7-star Mantis and a little Wah lum Mantis. Both of these are complete systems. I study under the Lo Kwan Yu lineage. And it is a complete system. An AWESOME style to be honest. :)
The Wah Lum temple in Orlando Florida is the only "live in" school in the states that I know of. They teach Wah Lum Tam Tui Mantis under Grand Master Chan Poi and Master Mimi Chan. Hope this helps!

OP
M

Mr. President

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chin Na IS a complete system as far as I've learned but most Kung Fu styles incorporate Chin Na in their art.
There are several different Northern Mantis schools. 7-star, Wah Lum, Plum Blossom, Flat board, etc. I study 7-star Mantis and a little Wah lum Mantis. Both of these are complete systems. I study under the Lo Kwan Yu lineage. And it is a complete system. An AWESOME style to be honest. :)
The Wah Lum temple in Orlando Florida is the only "live in" school in the states that I know of. They teach Wah Lum Tam Tui Mantis under Grand Master Chan Poi and Master Mimi Chan. Hope this helps!

:bangahead:

OP
M

Mr. President

Green Belt
Reaction score

Just called. They don't do the full time live-in thing anymore.

Latest Discussions