chi sau

M

Mikers

Hey fellow wingchun'ers
Anybody know of some websites containing the chi sau techniques? particularly set one attacks. I'm talkin pictures, videos, whatever has them!
Because there seems to be few and far between. Which suprises me.
thanks guys
Mike

Hung Fa Moose

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mikers,

There may not be too many sites with such videos, especially labeled in 'sets'. Keep in mind that there may be different "Set 1" versions in different lineages of the art. However, if you're jonesing to see some chi sau action, check this site out. It has some decent chi sau videos towards the middle of the page labeled "Kiu Sau reporter"

http://www.wengchun.net/index_e.htm

Click on the Gallery Button, then the Video option to get there.

OP
W

Wing_Chun_Bob

Hey dude I really dont know what your intentions are by watching or finding the vid's for chi sau, but if your going too try and learn it from a vid i would wait till your sifu shows you cause you may make the mistake of thinking your doing it right when you are probibly not, and then you will ingrain bad techniques and then it will be REALLY hard too break them when your sifu shows you. So dont get ahead of yourself dude, if thats what your finding them for.

OP
V

Van Kuen

That last statement should be taken with a grain of salt as well. Many people learn by watching, and if he's gotten to the point of being skilled enough for chi sau, then he should have all the basic attack techniques down as well, after that it's all about feeling and improving attributes. He should be able to apply different types of gor sau techniques without a problem. Remember, if it's fancy, it's not wing chun.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mikers said:
Hey fellow wingchun'ers
Anybody know of some websites containing the chi sau techniques? particularly set one attacks. I'm talkin pictures, videos, whatever has them!
Because there seems to be few and far between. Which suprises me.
thanks guys
Mike
i've seen plenty of wing chun videos, just roll and get organic with it, you'll learn a lot more.

OP
K

Katsu Jin Ken

I have acouple questions for you Mikers if i may, how many of the forms have you learned, how much sansau do you know?

Latest Discussions