Cheerleading is a contact sport!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CHEERLEADING

Wisconsin high court says activity is 'contact sport'

High school cheerleading is a contact sport and, therefore, its participants cannot be sued for accidentally causing injuries, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Tuesday in a case being closely watched in the cheerleading world.
When I hear "cheerleader" and "contact sport" I must admit that my heart starts to beat a bit faster... :eek:

Yep, it's called CYA. There are many things that could be argued is it a sport or an activity? Bowling, golf, etc. If you're competing it's a sport, and cheerleading definitely involves contact and is very physically demanding. Then again, maybe they just need more guys to join and thought the term contact sport would help. lol ;)

I can certainly second Arnis's last comment on this :lol:.

All activities should be consider a contact sport when childern are involved.

Anyone who has wrestled with one in the backseat of their dad's car should know cheerleading is a contact sport. Sheesh!

Ok Sorry but I used to be a cheerleader and I just consider it a sport..AT ALL, I do agree however that if more guys joined the team that it could be considered a sport and more interesting "stunts" could be achieved.

Ballet and modern dance has lots of bodily contact, why is it not considered a sport?
Its physically demanding, you go into competitions...
Just my 2 cents....

Ok Sorry but I used to be a cheerleader and I just consider it a sport..AT ALL, I do agree however that if more guys joined the team that it could be considered a sport and more interesting "stunts" could be achieved.

Ballet and modern dance has lots of bodily contact, why is it not considered a sport?
Its physically demanding, you go into competitions...
Just my 2 cents....

Sounds stupid but I thought it was, well at least it deserves to be lol.

I heard on the radio this morning that the most injuries in High School sports come from Cheerleading. Not football, hockey etc, cheerleading.

Back