Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Yes, the front kick in the groin. Where are you anyway. Seig and I are ready and where's Castillo?:rofl:

I think the Front Kick is my best Kick, The other Black Belts in class call me the Tree Trunk Train. It does take me a while to get there, yet if I do you deserve everything you get. :p :rofl:

G

GouRonin

Mohammad Ali, formerly known as Cassius Clay, does not have Parkinson's disease. He has Parkinson's syndrome. They are not the same. Ali's syndrome is one that emulates the disease but is not the actual disease. Speculation is that Ali is genetically prone to it and it was exasturbated by a long career in boxing.

Having heard this from many people I can say without a doubt that boxing does not produce this syndrome any more frequently than many contact activities.

In a recent interview Ali was shown in a gym doing his regular workout. When he went to work on the bag you would not have known that he had PS. His abilities are that ingrained.

He is a phenomonal man from a time of great change who stood tall against his entire nation for his personal beliefs and it cost him everything but his soul.

J

Jill666

The last public appearance I saw him make was just after 9/11 one of those benefit concerts. When he spoke, I was moved to tears. His passion and strength are still obvious, even if he no longer dances about the ring.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KatGurl
.... what's with you and boots to the groin?:idunno:

Read one of the other threads here. I can't recall which at the moment though. It'll give you the answers in which you seek. Seig started the thread so that'll make it easier to find.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Read one of the other threads here. I can't recall which at the moment though. It'll give you the answers in which you seek. Seig started the thread so that'll make it easier to find.

Called 'who remembers'

That's it.. Yup.. I had to go find it myself *G*

Plus.. our school went 'Live to the groin' last month... sooooo.. we're doing lots of cup checks.. mostly after the technique.. *scoffs*

The other day I was teaching Karate II at the college.. these guys KNEW it was mandatory to wear a cup.. when I came around to do the tec on each of them... only one had it on.. he was grinning so happily.. and I 'splained to the others who keep forgetting it..

Now guys.. in the morning when you leave for class.. put your cup on your head.. and believe me.. you'll never forget to wear it again.. *nodding sagely*

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by KatGurl
.... what's with you and boots to the groin?:idunno:

I think he created it as a way to deal with me when I step out of line......or in line........or just something to do when hes bored :shrug:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I think he created it as a way to deal with me when I step out of line......or in line........or just something to do when hes bored :shrug:

We will keep you in line to never get out of line. Then you get the front kick as you pass each test.:asian:

M

Master of Blades

We will keep you in line to never get out of line. Then you get the front kick as you pass each test.:asian:

I'm still not sure why you dont have to do this boot to the groin thing.........

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm still not sure why you dont have to do this boot to the groin thing.........

It's called getting kicked up to the next level. After you pass a belt testing the instructor gets you in a horse stance and then you get the front kick. :asian: Goes very far back in the kenpo community.:asian:

M

Master of Blades

It's called getting kicked up to the next level. After you pass a belt testing the instructor gets you in a horse stance and then you get the front kick. :asian: Goes very far back in the kenpo community.:asian:

That still doesnt tell me why you NEVER get kicked in the nuts......But thanks for the Kenpo history :shrug:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That still doesnt tell me why you NEVER get kicked in the nuts......But thanks for the Kenpo history :shrug:

Let's see here. I've only had 9 promotions in kenpo but if your referring to around here on martial talk then it's nice to have friends.:rofl:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

if you're smart.. you're wearing a cup.. if you're not wearing a cup.. you're not smart..
Thinking this should be a new Kenpo saying.. ~!!
Kinda like.. in Every offense.. there's a defense.. and in Every defense there's an offense.. yeah.. that works ~!!

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by KenpoTess
if you're smart.. you're wearing a cup.. if you're not wearing a cup.. you're not smart..
Thinking this should be a new Kenpo saying.. ~!!
Kinda like.. in Every offense.. there's a defense.. and in Every defense there's an offense.. yeah.. that works ~!!

Thats the Kali way of thinking........and since when was it mandatory to wear a box on an internet site :p

Latest Discussions