Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoGirl said:
:partyon:

WHOO HOO Look'it ME!!!!

I'm a MASTER BLACK BELT!!!

:partyon:

:rogl: Well at least here on Martial Talk I am.
Out there in the real world I still am a lowly Blue Belt (Green in the US).
Got TONS more to learn. :jedi1:

Dot
:D

Congrats Dot, :)

T

tunetigress

Wow Dot!

Congratulations on the attainment of your Master Black Belt ( Finally!)

I admire your dedication to attaining your dream!! ( What the heck too ya so long?)

Now that you've attained such an exhalted title, what, oh what will you do with all that extra time ?? ( Now that hopefully you won't be too busy posting to chat, lol!)

All the best in achieving your future goals! (Even though all the good men are already taken, lol, ya snooze ya lose!!)

With such focus and determination as you have displayed, the world is your oyster! ( Just try not too eat too many, you know what they say about oysters.)

Wouldnt want Dot out on the loose under the influence of an overdose of oysters, now, would we eh?? LMAO :boing2: :boing2: :boing2:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
someguy said:
"Well I just made purple belt"he said to all the black belts.
of course as soon as I get a higher belt for martial talk this becomes a lie. THen I will be a lier.
end pointless message
Yes, and I just caught you. Shame. Shame.
I noticed that there were no posts in this forum added to the count recently. Man, it would suck to lose a bunch of posts from your count.

You know, I started reading this thread, and I thought "wow. All these people think that they're adding to their total here." Then I thought "no way, they MUST know better than that by now! It must have added to your total in the beginning and then changed. When did it change? I'll bet they comment on that somewhere in the thread." Then I look. It's over 50 pages long. So I think, "oh man. I'm not reading this whole thing. So I skip to the last page. At this point, my hypothesis is validated by the above posts. That was lucky.
I have only 110 posts. I too shall become a liar, if anyone takes this as literal truth, when they read it. So, in closing, I'd like to apoligize in advance for that.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemern the other day, I passed the 5000 post mark here at Martial Talk. I have 4.78 posts per day for an average.

I changed my title to see what the default was and it said Grand Master. Nice title, just not for me :D, so if you did not catch it between 11:16 PM and 11:17 PM then you lost out ;).

Just thought I would bring back this Cheap and Shameless thread (* in the Bar and Grill where posts do not count *) to discuss post counts ;) :rofl:

Enjoy
:asian:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations Grand Master Rich! Cheap and Shameless posts are usually the most entertaining.. probably why they don't count ;)

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Rich ...Grand Master :asian: very nice!!! :partyon: :partyon: You are a great MOD! ;)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats Rich on the non-title. Should have some kind of a title like wizard or something don you think? What is equivalent to a 7th dan in Arnis or Balintawak? TW

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, GM Parsons! That's awesome! Humble Congratulations.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Congrats Rich on the non-title. Should have some kind of a title like wizard or something don you think? What is equivalent to a 7th dan in Arnis or Balintawak? TW

In the Balintawak, I study, there are no ranks. There are titles such as Student or teacher/instructor and maybe Senior, which can imply soeone who started before you, or is older in years than you. Skill in the play determins your pecking order. So one day you might be in a good spot and sit back, while the otehrs train hard, and then the next day or week or ..., they are sitting in the nice spot.

In Modern Arnis they have ranks

Lakan - means male warrior/fighter
Dayang - is the closest female equivalent, from my understanding. (* and this could have other meaninsg I am not aware of as well *)
(* Tagalog, a dialect in the PI *)
One - Isa
Two - Delawa
Three - Tatlo
Four - Apat
Five - Lima
Six - Anim
Seven - Pito
Eight - Walo
Nine - Siyam
Ten - Sampo

Now comes the difficult part, some areas and or groups have used Lakan as an actual rank almost like a Zeroth (0) degree Black Belt. Others used it as a probationary.

So one could say
Lakan or Lakan Guru - Guru for teacher / instructor

so for seventh rank in black some might be Lakan Anim ( zero through six )
or one might say Lakan Pito or Lakan Guru Pito or even Guru Lakan Pito.

May I ask why you choose the number 7?

Thank you

BTW: Thank you all for all taking the posting title and smiling at it as it should be :D ;)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At this moment, I have nothing of any use to contribute to this thread. This is made evident by the lack of content in the diologue in which I am currently engaging. In fact, it could be said that this is a complete wasted effort, for no good purpose is served, nor shall anything useful or productive come from my effort in having composed this. Furthermore, I have been successful in completely wasting your time, that is, if you have chosen to read this paragraph. I would apologize for this, but that would only serve to add value to what, up to this point, has been an endeavour wholly lacking in such, which would really only be a contradiction in purpose. On that note, I shall now approach the denouement with the same dedication to topical obfuscation as I have prefixed, thereby adding to the overall consistency of the work and thus achieving the uniformity of mediocrity which was, in fact, my original premise.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
May I ask why you choose the number 7?

Thanks for the informative reply. No real reason for the number. But it is when Grandmaster is attained in TKD. TW

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
flatlander said:
At this moment, I have nothing of any use to contribute to this thread. This is made evident by the lack of content in the diologue in which I am currently engaging. In fact, it could be said that this is a complete wasted effort, for no good purpose is served, nor shall anything useful or productive come from my effort in having composed this. Furthermore, I have been successful in completely wasting your time, that is, if you have chosen to read this paragraph. I would apologize for this, but that would only serve to add value to what, up to this point, has been an endeavour wholly lacking in such, which would really only be a contradiction in purpose. On that note, I shall now approach the denouement with the same dedication to topical obfuscation as I have prefixed, thereby adding to the overall consistency of the work and thus achieving the uniformity of mediocrity which was, in fact, my original premise.

You are sooooo....talented. You really should write for the political campaigns. I read the whole paragraph...oh my... denouement, obfuscation, topical obfuscation, prefixed too. How delightful, about nothing at all! :asian: TW

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
You are sooooo....talented. How delightful, about nothing at all!
I know I think I understood what I thought you said, but I'm not sure that what I understood you to say is what you really meant.

Latest Discussions