Century BOB

TwentyThree

Green Belt
Reaction score
Try this....

getDynamicImage.aspx

We have one. He's awesome - easy to transport, and if you remove the sand bags at the base, you can practice throws with him. My only quibble is that I wish his arms were a little more adjustable and/or removable.

OP
P

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just got this picture from one of my guys. Not sure the Century Bob is designed to be trained like this.

Keegan_throw_dummy.jpg
I'm not sure I have enough room to send BOB flying through the air, he'd take out the washing machine.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, never having tried on, but from what I have seen in videos, it looks pretty stable.
It sits on a tripod of three legs, which are connected at the bottom, which are covered with sand bags to make it bottom heavy and provide stability.
If it's not stable enough, through some more sand bags on these cross braces.
Or run some long bolts into the floor, if you prefer...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I don't know, never having tried on, but from what I have seen in videos, it looks pretty stable.
It sits on a tripod of three legs, which are connected at the bottom, which are covered with sand bags to make it bottom heavy and provide stability.
If it's not stable enough, through some more sand bags on these cross braces.
Or run some long bolts into the floor, if you prefer...

I've seen one bolted to a cart, and a person could stand behind it and move it to simulate an opponents movement......it was pretty stable.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen one bolted to a cart, and a person could stand behind it and move it to simulate an opponents movement......it was pretty stable.

LOL... that seems a lot of trouble. Why didn't the other person just pad up?

OP
P

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As you now (from my profile picture) I bought BOB a hoodie, partly to make him look more intimidating, and partly so I could practising seizing clothing/latching on.

Since then things have developed a little as I continue to experiment. Having watched a few videos by Lee Morrison on flanking I realised it would be beneficial (in order to practice this) if BOB had arms. The arms of his hoodie had been tucked inside the hoodie out of the way, so I pulled them out, tied knots in the ends of the arms and stuffed the arms with old clothes we were getting rid of. So now BOB has arms too, that I can practising seizing and controlling

Just thought I would share as I thought it as quite a good idea (even if I do say so myself :)), and it might be of use to others.

Latest Discussions