The "Bob" Standing Target

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One word...

E-BAY!!

You can find them for a good amount and shipping with most is not more than $50. I have seen them for around $200 and SOMETIMES maybe sold as much as 20-40 less.

I want one bad but living on the 3rd floor of an apartment I dont think it will happen. I could put it on the patio tho....
hmmm.......

Davejlaw

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The only criticisms I have of the "bob" is that I've seen the nose tear from repeated uppercut strikes to the face. This, however, was on a "bob" in my Hapkido school where it was getting beaten on daily so that could be considered normal wear and tear. The other thing was that if you miss a kick low below the ribs you will kick the plastic tower, ouch. The new "bob" with the groin and shorts area seems much better as this won't ever happen.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I've found that all of the BOBs I've used were MUCH more tippy then wavemasters. Maybe I'm blasting it too hard, but I've knocked them over a few times and I usually move them so much its hard to get a good combo on them. With a wavemaster, I've not had those problems...FWIW.

There is also a hanging version of the BOB. No tippy that way.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
The "Bob" Standing Target - I just saw one today at the mall in a sporting goods store. I tried a couple of soft heel hands to the hinge of the jaw and nose (it didn't have any water in it). I have to admit that I rather liked the feel of it - I had always considered it something of a gimmick, just an expensive version of the Wavemaster. Now I am considering selling my Wavemaster an purchasing a "Bob". Thoughts? Experiences? Advice?

I've never used one, but visually, it would give you a better idea for target placement.

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had one given to me a few years ago. I have bt it all over the place and it is still very useable. I like being able to have my students target their techniques with out haveing to hurt each other

KenpoBruce2006

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I build my own. They cost way less and I don't feel bad about damaging them. Great training tool.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't the Bob now come on a wavemaster XXL frame? I would think that would help with the tipping problem. My regular XXL is hard to tip. But maybe I need to train harder:) .

Latest Discussions