Cardio the day after isometric stretches

Oppa91

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, i started doing isometric stretching today and was wondering if i can do HIIT cardio on the days after, im doing isometrics on mon/wed/fri & HIIT cardio on tue/thur/sun ? is it ok to do it like this or will i end up not recovering, on saturday i have complete rest except for dynamic & relaxd stretching

also on mondays i do a upperbody workout at the gym using heavy weights & on wednesday im doing squats & deadlifts at the gym & and friday im doing same as monday but with different excercises

Thank you in advance, hope someone can help me out
icon_wink.gif

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you talking about isometric contractions held at the point of an extreme range of motion? Or just static stretching?

I hadn't heard anyone talk about isometric contractions for stretching on these forums, but now I've seen them popping up a bit. Did I inspire a thing?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
People seem to be bringing up HIIT Cardio alot as well. I always thought its concept was obvious.

ACJ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
People seem to be bringing up HIIT Cardio alot as well. I always thought its concept was obvious.

The HI part is a bit silly. Its just interval training, with anything from 0-100% intensities in different proportions (or intervals).

OP
O

Oppa91

White Belt
Reaction score
yes i am talking about isometric contractions held at the point of an extreme range of motion, and if im right u tear some muscle doing it, im just wondering if my legs will have the time to recover in 1 day if i do cardio that day

A friend of mine introduced me to isometrics, he managed to do both side and front splits within 4 months, from being not flexible at all

Latest Discussions