Training: Everyday vs. Pre-Fight

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was Just curious as to how often and what drills/exercises practitioners of various MAs use to train? I practice Muay Thai, and I train monday through friday: Mon: crunches/push-ups/leg-ups, rope and jog; Tues: same an Mon. plus bag work, lots of pad work, sparring and forms. Wed/Fri. = same as Mon.; Thurs = same as Tues. I know that MT demands a person to be in pretty good shape (I really need to quit smoking!), but I was wondering how many other people train Mon.-Fri., and whether such an emphasis is placed on training in other MAs, as in MT?

Thanks, all!

AJ

C

captnigh

I train 4-5 times a week....

Monday-kempo/jujutsu;Tuesday-weight training/jujutsu;Thursday-weight training/jujutsu;Saturday-weight training/jujutsu/weapons....
On my days free I try to run 5-10k- Saturday tends to be a little more of an "open" workout, where we get to practice stuff we personally need to work on and pick up weapons.....
I quit smoking about 14 months ago and it's one of the best things I've ever done---

L

Littledragon

I practice Tae Kwon Do and Jiu-Jitsu predominantlly know and train Mon-Saturday 4 hours a day.

Certain days I foucs on kicks, weights, flexibility, self defense, grappling, punches etc..

T

TKD USA

I train any time I feel like it which is like 24/7!!! but I gotta sleep sometime.
I just have so much energy.
:CTF:

M

Mark Weiser

In about two weeks I am purchasing "BOB" training aid and a kick bag along with a heavy bag for puching. I am planning on working out at least 30 minutes daily focusing on different aspects of Kenpo.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Littledragon said:
I practice Tae Kwon Do and Jiu-Jitsu predominantlly know and train Mon-Saturday 4 hours a day.

Certain days I foucs on kicks, weights, flexibility, self defense, grappling, punches etc..
You're 16 years old. Why do you need to train 4 hours a day? There's nothing wrong with hard practice, but a 16 year old kid needs a life too. Otherwise you miss out on a lot of what life has to offer.

L

Littledragon

MichiganTKD said:
You're 16 years old. Why do you need to train 4 hours a day? There's nothing wrong with hard practice, but a 16 year old kid needs a life too. Otherwise you miss out on a lot of what life has to offer.
At our TKD school we have members on the Olympic Team and Junior World and National team so you will find many people training that hard too like my age.

I train so I can be a great martial artist and also I will start competiting in Vale Tudo once I am 17.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Weight training mon - fri. 5:30am & 11am. I'm at the kenpo studio on monday evenings for a couple of hrs. and every night of the week has some sort of kenpo training in it. Biking is reserved for sat. or sun or both depending on how much energy I have. Last sunday I biked 18miles the saturday before that it was 30miles. :asian:

Latest Discussions