Can threads be deleted?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a thread I had seen earlier today on an actress, and I went to go find it but can't find it anywhere, and searching for the actress in the search bar doesn't appear to show anything.

I'm curious on if threads can be deleted/what a thread would have to do to be deleted, since as far as I know when the threads have posters that are breaking rules they just get locked.

Not angry, or upset, if threads can. More curious than anything.

Also would like to know if I'm going crazy and just imagining that threads existence, or if I'm blind and failing at finding it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threads are sometimes either hidden or outright deleted if they violate the rules, or are being reviewed by the staff. The thread in question raised significant concerns as expressed in one or more RTMs as well as when I reviewed it. Since we don't discuss actions against specific members openly, I'll leave it at that.

Some examples of threads that get deleted include spam threads, threads containing offensive material either in language or content, and threads that are otherwise in significant violation of the rules.

We do not generally delete content because someone regrets posting it... or has rethought how deeply they put their foot in their mouth, or has decided to take their ball and go play somewhere else because they don't like someone here at MT.

987david

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, JKS, I have a thread that is 12 years old, and is quite slanderous. I meekly objected to the post back then, cannot believe it is still around and now am quite annoyed by it. It Was started by a collegue who went ballistic. I have avoided legal action because I don't like to operate that way. The post is slander, through and through. And should be deleted due to its content and nature. Please contact me at [email protected] ... so we could privately discuss. Thanks.