Can Bush Sr. save his son?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lord Chamberlain was a peaceful man. Probably a good man. We learn history so that we can say to ourselves "how about that, we keep making the same mistakes."

Do you believe that the terrorists in Iraq, who kill not only americans but Iraqis as well, will put their weapons down and stop killing? Do you believe that Cat Stevens became the "John Lennon" of the Islamic world? He certainly isn't singing Peace Train now; and I haven't heard him cut an Arabic version of "Give Peace a Chance." In fact, I believe he said that the bounty on Salomon Rusdhi (sp?) was completely justified and in accordance with sharia.

Cowering puppies was my reference to mammal societal structures, like wolf packs and primate colonies. The "top dogs" (or alpha males) vrs the lower ranks. If we back down, if we "cut and run" (cut what?, our losses?) we reinforce the idea that america will back out when the going is rough. We must certainly be viewed by the hearty, physically and mentally strong/tough Arabic peoples as a nation of weak, fat slobs who live in luxary.

How can they learn peace and self governance except someone should teach them? I think it would be magnificiant to be willing to give our life to give them something to live for. And since I am personally too old for the military, I would be proud of any of my sons or grandsons who would fight that good fight.

But I have no real arguement to win, nor any desire to change your heart. I just have my opinions.

Argument is the way in which one supports their opinions. It is not a win/lose proposition.

From m-w.com
3b : a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion

But, I wonder how one can coherently posit that one way a society can learn 'peace and self governance' through a military invasion and occupational governance.

Also, Cat Stevens, or more properly Yusuf Islam, has just released a new album. The first in 29 years. As for his political views, I believe he has undertaken many actions in recent years of which Mr. Lennon would have been proud.

http://www.smallkindness.org/

Latest Discussions