But, They would NEVER sneak into OUR country that way

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have a guess what the most commonly forged documents in the world are?

Passports and driving licences.

Without an unacceptable curtailment of everyones freedom of movement this is not something which is preventable. Someone with criminal intent and with a decent amount of funding can go anywhere they wish.

Whether they can achieve something nefarious on a grand scale is a different matter of course.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have a guess what the most commonly forged documents in the world are?

Passports and driving licences.

Without an unacceptable curtailment of everyones freedom of movement this is not something which is preventable. Someone with criminal intent and with a decent amount of funding can go anywhere they wish.

Whether they can achieve something nefarious on a grand scale is a different matter of course.
Securing our borders might be a good start. While it is not the be all/end all, it is a vital step. That there has yet to be a terrorist attack in this country since 9-11-01 is more luck, than anything else.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
So...what? You are shocked that people will forge papers in order to obtain illegal means, including entering foreign countries? While you may be shocked, the rest of us figured that out a while ago. Despite your thread title, I don't think anyone has ever argued that it would never happen in the US.

Sukerkin is absolutely, completely 100% correct. "Without an unacceptable curtailment of everyones freedom of movement this is not something which is preventable." Would you like to usher in a police state in order to keep out those nasty illegals Big D?

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Securing our borders might be a good start. While it is not the be all/end all, it is a vital step. That there has yet to be a terrorist attack in this country since 9-11-01 is more luck, than anything else.

Have you traveled much outside of the U.S.? It's easier to leave than to get back in! I've been to Israel and the security checks were nothing compared to the ritual of getting into the U.S. (And this was pre-9/11). Moving around Europe? Easy, check in at any E.U. nation, and you're now a "Local traveler" no matter how many countries you pass through.

The issue with passports is not the piece of paper and photo. It's what happens on their computer when the number is scanned. Getting a forged passport involves someone on the inside who has created the fake file for you, that matches the fake passport. I've been to a couple of foreign airports that appear to do nothing more than to match the photo, and check the visa stamps. No computers or main database involved. I've yet to come into a U.S. airport that doesn't scan your passport. If you're worried about forged passports, you've gotta catch the "moles" in the government itself.

Now, driving across the border, on the other hand . . .

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elder999
That there has yet to be a successful terrorist attack has nothing to do with luck.....
Touché!
To that I'll throw in an AMEN! From my source there's a reason why not too many terrorist attempts foiled are broad casted on the news, primarily because to announce it would/could prematurely activate another cell, cause a cell that was under surveillance to go into hiding, or disappear altogether.
But if the other cells are as bright eyed & bushy tailed as these three...
However, the emigration officials at Kuwait had found them to be suspects as they reportedly could not understand any Spanish.
... remember they were traveling under the guise of Mexican nationals... I mean if I were to try to pretend to be Russian I think it might be a good idea to at least learn the language! Fluently! DUH! :lol:

So basically, a lot of them get caught due to their own stupidity. It's done quietly here but in-so-far it seems to be effective. No government cover-up, just good tactics to keep the cells' from getting their wind up.

Oh yeah, my source IS reliable, btw.

Latest Discussions