Bullshido: same old, same old

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's been years since I logged into Bullshido. I don't know what prompted me to do it - feeling masochistic, I guess.

Same old, same old. People spouting ignorance, doing money dances on the interwebz, verbal dick waving and a host of other things. Nothing has changed.

I'm gonna go find some brain bleach now......

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. I am so glad we are much more grown up with our conversations.

Of course that is to be expected when our lineage is significantly better.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Who have done good work showing up frauds in the Arts, other sites like this one purposefully steer clear of the messes that cause. But it is an important service.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who have done good work showing up frauds in the Arts, other sites like this one purposefully steer clear of the messes that cause. But it is an important service.
Yes, they have. They also routinely go overboard in proclaiming what is fraud, and are relatively closed-minded on a lot of topics worth discussing in that area.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yes, they have. They also routinely go overboard in proclaiming what is fraud, and are relatively closed-minded on a lot of topics worth discussing in that area.
Ehhh... I don't know about that. It's been a while since I've spent any quality time over there. In the past, they had an (I believe) undeserved reputation for being anti-TMA. What I found is that they have a well deserved reputation for being ant-BS. If you are a wing chun guy, great. You'll take some heat if you start to claim you can fight, etc, but that doesn't make you a fraud.

If you are a WC guy who claims to be deadly... things start to get dicey. If you are a WC guy who claims to be a former Army Ranger who is deadly, etc, then you might start to draw some attention. The guys whom they spend a lot of time investigating are people who promote claims they will not or cannot substantiate.

One of the founders of the site has a kung fu base.

It's a nuanced difference, and I get that the end result is that some styles are less welcome there than others. That's certainly a part of the site. I'm not making excuses. I am really just trying to point out that being dismissive of styles is not the same as considering them fraudulent. They really are careful to distinguish one from the other.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm a (mostly inactive) member there. My experience has been, um... "mixed." Some good posters there. A lot of utter duchebags too.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm a (mostly inactive) member there. My experience has been, um... "mixed." Some good posters there. A lot of utter duchebags too.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
And the douchers seem the loudest at a casual read. I’ve “flipped through it” a few times. Didn’t care much for the call-outs and challenge matches I saw between posters, but there were a few gems in the rough.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ehhh... I don't know about that. It's been a while since I've spent any quality time over there. In the past, they had an (I believe) undeserved reputation for being anti-TMA. What I found is that they have a well deserved reputation for being ant-BS. If you are a wing chun guy, great. You'll take some heat if you start to claim you can fight, etc, but that doesn't make you a fraud.

If you are a WC guy who claims to be deadly... things start to get dicey. If you are a WC guy who claims to be a former Army Ranger who is deadly, etc, then you might start to draw some attention. The guys whom they spend a lot of time investigating are people who promote claims they will not or cannot substantiate.

One of the founders of the site has a kung fu base.

It's a nuanced difference, and I get that the end result is that some styles are less welcome there than others. That's certainly a part of the site. I'm not making excuses. I am really just trying to point out that being dismissive of styles is not the same as considering them fraudulent. They really are careful to distinguish one from the other.

The nature of evidence based opinion is anti TMA. Because the tend not to have any.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions