Budo Taijutsu Shihan Seminar Video Clip!

budoboy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
"Are the lunging, slow motion type of attacks shown in that video typical of Bujinkan training?"

In my opinion: the lunging ... yes, the slow motion ... sometimes

Jeff

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are the lunging, slow motion type of attacks shown in that video typical of Bujinkan training?

It depends. Can you see much in a seminar if things are done at a fast speed? Are you trying to let people see what you are doing so they can copy it, or are you practicing the move?

Tenguru

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It depends. Can you see much in a seminar if things are done at a fast speed? Are you trying to let people see what you are doing so they can copy it, or are you practicing the move?

Does anyone have any Bujinkan video showing techniques being performed at full speed? Preferably, no lunging punchings. I would really appreciate seeing how these techniques would look in an applied situation.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A lunging punch is a punch accompanied by footwook similar to that performed when doing "lunge" excercises (though not nearly as deep).

Oh.... So *that* is what you call a lunge punch. Let me say this... First it is usually footwork accompanied by a punch, not the other way around.

Secondly, I don't believe that example was a good example of a punch. Just my opinion. Overall I thought the demo was fine, but since you are using it as an example for a punch, I wanted to point out, that the punch was not the best part of the demo by far, in my opinion.

To truly answer your question, you should go to a Bujinkan dojo and train. I just don't think you are going to find what you are looking for online because they are all training demonstrations not actual fights at normal speeds.

Tenguru

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh.... So *that* is what you call a lunge punch. Let me say this... First it is usually footwork accompanied by a punch, not the other way around.

Secondly, I don't believe that example was a good example of a punch. Just my opinion. Overall I thought the demo was fine, but since you are using it as an example for a punch, I wanted to point out, that the punch was not the best part of the demo by far, in my opinion.

To truly answer your question, you should go to a Bujinkan dojo and train. I just don't think you are going to find what you are looking for online because they are all training demonstrations not actual fights at normal speeds.

Is it really necessary for me to go train in a Bujinkan dojo in order to get an answer to a straightforward question? Wait, I get it. Your trying to yank my chain. Ha ha.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it really necessary for me to go train in a Bujinkan dojo in order to get an answer to a straightforward question? Wait, I get it. Your trying to yank my chain. Ha ha.

Not all straightforward questions have straightforward answers. On top of that, what you see is not always what is going on. So my point is and was, that you need to go and feel it. Then you will have your answer.

It is like trying to describe the color red to a blind man. "What is the color red?" is a pretty straight forward question... Isn't it?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all straightforward questions have straightforward answers. On top of that, what you see is not always what is going on. So my point is and was, that you need to go and feel it. Then you will have your answer.

It is like trying to describe the color red to a blind man. "What is the color red?" is a pretty straight forward question... Isn't it?
It's not so much that BigShadow or others are avoiding giving straightforward answers or being smart alecks as that some answers don't work well in words, or even sometimes in pictures and words.

Some things, sometimes, you just have to DO something to get the idea of how it works.

If you really want to know how Bujinkan Budo Taijustu or Bando or Tae Kwon Do or Karate or boxing or <finish endless list here>, works and looks -- you have to go to people who are doing that and see.

budoboy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tenguru,

I gave you a straight forward answer. Did it not satisfy you?

Jeff

budoboy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
BTW the lunge punch you linked in the video was pretty poorly performed. His center of gravity was way too high (he was practically on his toes) and he was leaning forward too much.

Jeff

Latest Discussions