Here is a Kaigorosu Video Clip featuring Budo Taijutsu Knife techniques.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good stuff! The switching the knife hand-to-hand in the beginning can be very tricky to the opponent, but I prefer not to do so. I always worry that I'll outsmart myself and drop it! If you don't drop it, though, you can make it that much harder to defend against.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff! The switching the knife hand-to-hand in the beginning can be very tricky to the opponent, but I prefer not to do so. I always worry that I'll outsmart myself and drop it! If you don't drop it, though, you can make it that much harder to defend against.

Absolutely that is a very good point. I do not try to switch hands but also see it as a possibility in the moment. After all what if my one hand gets hit and is no longer functional. I will then have to switch in order to continue weilding that tool. (if I can that is)

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great clip. Glad you found it.

I have been hunting around a bit lately.
icon10.gif

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Very cool clip

However he did bring some thing up in the video that might need to be talked about in another post.
When people train, alot of them train with style in mind, they wonder if they are doing the tech. the right way. Yes for the most part there is a right way to do some thing. However like the man said you are not fighting, a style, you are not fighting a tech., you are fighting a man.
And too many of us in many styles do that very same thing.
We don't fight the man.

Latest Discussions