Bruce Lee wasn't a God

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, Iā€™m really glad we settled this. Bruce Lee is de-deified. He is ungodly, but in a bad way. He must be really clean, because next to godliness is as close as he gets.

So, now that we have permanently dismantled Bruce Leeā€™s 50 year run as a martial arts legend and exposed him as the failure he was, I have just one question. Who was a god? Someone, right?

Here, Iā€™ll start. Iā€™d like to nominate Rickson Gracie for godhood.

As an aside, this reminds me of a relatively obscure book by Frank Herbert called Godmakers. Anyone else read it?

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kinda funny, but people & things become gods when one has not God. šŸ˜‰
Sorry, posted to soon and edited to lateā€¦

šŸ˜‰ with that said, when I was going to the Kali Academy, not too long after Danny moved to school from LA to Torrance. Bruceā€™s influence was super strong. Still, Danny never really portrayed him as god like. He never promoted that way of thinking and actually talked folks down from holding the Bruce is god view. Really just a super talented athlete and MAist, ahead of his time, with lats like a cobraā€¦

Badhabits

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well, Iā€™m really glad we settled this. Bruce Lee is de-deified. He is ungodly, but in a bad way. He must be really clean, because next to godliness is as close as he gets.

So, now that we have permanently dismantled Bruce Leeā€™s 50 year run as a martial arts legend and exposed him as the failure he was, I have just one question. Who was a god? Someone, right?

As an aside, this reminds me of a relatively obscure book by Frank Herbert called Godmakers. Anyone else read it?
Was that the one with Mcgod? Most of my books are boxed up right now so I can't look. Love Frank Herbert.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I have read is Dune. You made me curious so I looked it up. Sounds interesting.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Exactly what I'd expect from a BJJ guy :D

However, in that case HĆ©lio Gracie would be the Godmaker ;)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
nO yOu ArE aLl wRoNg BrUcE lEe WaS tHe GoD oF mArItAl ArTs AnD hE wAs ThE gReAtEsT g.O.a.T oF aLl TiMe hE cOuLd BeAt CoNnOr McGrEgOr aNy DaY oN tHe StReEtZ bRaH . ;.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
nO yOu ArE aLl wRoNg BrUcE lEe WaS tHe GoD oF mArItAl ArTs AnD hE wAs ThE gReAtEsT g.O.a.T oF aLl TiMe hE cOuLd BeAt CoNnOr McGrEgOr aNy DaY oN tHe StReEtZ bRaH . ;.
This remind me the "dragon snake" language that I learned when I was young. When I speak fast, people without training won't be able to understand. It was used as a gang's language.

Do dragon you dragon understand dragon what dragon I dragon am dragon saying snake.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
so showing off....i'll show you

Ė™; Ė™ Hɐɹq ZŹ‡ĘŽĒÉ¹Ź‡S ĒHŹ‡ No ā…„ɐp ŹŽNɐ ɹOĘƒĘŽÉ¹×¤É”W ɹOuNoʆ Ź‡āˆ€Ēq pĖ„nOɔ ĘŽÉ„ ĒWį“‰ā”“ lĖ„ɐ ā„²o ā”“Ė™ÉĖ™OĖ™Ęƒ ā”“sʎŹ‡āˆ€ĒÉ¹Ęƒ ĘŽÉ„ā”“ sāˆ€Ź ĘŽÉ„ puāˆ€ sā”“ɹāˆ€ lāˆ€Ź‡Iɹāˆ€ÉÆ ā„²o poפ ĒHŹ‡ SɐM ĒĘŽl ʎɔāˆ©É¹q ʃNoɹŹ lĖ„ɐ ĘŽÉ¹āˆ€ nOŹŽ Ou

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like desperation.
The crust on a fresh baguette can be really sharp and he had a scar under his eye! It was his girlfriend (whomI often chat to) who told me the story and I donā€™t think he was very pleased about that fact!

As I left their shop, I said, ā€œAll this talk has me craving a cheese salad baguette!ā€ He waved and said, ā€œDonā€™t come back soonā€¦ā€ šŸ˜„

Latest Discussions