Andre the Giant vs. Bruce Lee (is super technique enough against super-size)

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KennethKu said:
Back in the old days of bare-knuckle boxing, excellent boxers routinely beat up opponents that outweighed them by 10-30 lbs.

10-30 pounds, sure. Andre was a couple hundred pound heavier though. Lee was a man, not a God.
:asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Renegade said:
Size makes a difference! That's why there are weight divisions in combative sports. I think there are other factors that we have to ask. Is this fight sport or reality, in the ring or the street, bare handed or environmental tool allowed?

In the ring I would put my money on The Giant, in the street it would be anyone’s guess.

A few years ago, there was a UFC, in which it pitted smaller vs. larger opponents. It was pretty interesting! Its been a while since I've seen that UFC, but I do recall a few fights in which the smaller man did win. Granted there were rules that had to be followed, like all of the fights, but it still showed that the smaller man is not always at a disadvantage.

Mike

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:
A few years ago, there was a UFC, in which it pitted smaller vs. larger opponents. It was pretty interesting! Its been a while since I've seen that UFC, but I do recall a few fights in which the smaller man did win. Granted there were rules that had to be followed, like all of the fights, but it still showed that the smaller man is not always at a disadvantage.

Mike

Agreed. I'm just saying that I would put my money on Andre in the ring. Size can be overcome but, it still is a factor.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MJS said:

Mike

Agreed. I'm just saying that I would put my money on Andre in the ring. Size can be overcome but, it still is a factor.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Renegade said:

Agreed as well! :asian:

Mike

Latest Discussions