Britney Spears sued over song lyric

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=630654&gt1=28102

Is it just me, or is this lawsuit ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Britney in any way, but to me it seems like these guys are grasping at straws and trying to get some easy money.

I have heard that line over and over as a cheesy pick up line, I never knew it was put into a song. I'm pretty sure they haven't sued all the others that have used that same line in movies etc.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally feels like an attempt at easy money. And the annoying part is that in the end, cause it'll be cheaper, Spears will probably just settle, basically encouraging anyone else to try the same thing against other artists...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I concur - they should be told to take a long walk off a short pier ... unless that is one of their patented song lyrics too?!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh an it occurs to me that they are not suing Dr. Hook for the very same offence.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But the alternative question be:

CAN THE REST OF US SUE BRITNEY FOR HER SONG LYRICS THAT SHE HAS FOISTED UPON US FOR THE LAST DECADE+??? :barf:

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score

Is it just me, or is this lawsuit ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Britney in any way, but to me it seems like these guys are grasping at straws and trying to get some easy money.

I have heard that line over and over as a cheesy pick up line, I never knew it was put into a song. I'm pretty sure they haven't sued all the others that have used that same line in movies etc.

Its ridiculous.

They can also sue will smith for using that line in the fresh prince of bel air where he is using it as a pickup like on a girl. "get it? Its a double entendre" he says.

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its ridiculous.

They can also sue will smith for using that line in the fresh prince of bel air where he is using it as a pickup like on a girl. "get it? Its a double entendre" he says.

Probably shouldn't give them any ideas. :)

That's what is so ridiculous to me. It's a cheesey pick up line that has been incorporated into everyday language. Did they first write that line themselves, or did they hear it from somebody and put it into their song.

I have used that line as a joke for years now and never knew it was in a song.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That reminds me. Did you know that the image of a money bag with dollar signs on it is now an image owned by Gene Simmons of Kiss, and if you try to put that image as your business logo or any other venture, you must pay Gene Simmons?... its true.
Sean

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That reminds me. Did you know that the image of a money bag with dollar signs on it is now an image owned by Gene Simmons of Kiss, and if you try to put that image as your business logo or any other venture, you must pay Gene Simmons?... its true.
Sean

Interesting...
I guess you have to put Pound signs or Euro signs on there then, or dig up an image for cents?

But trademarking has sprouted into the weird and obnoxious...

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

They're extra stupid money grabbers,imho.I am no fan of Britney's either,but I completely agree with you.

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
But the alternative question be:

CAN THE REST OF US SUE BRITNEY FOR HER SONG LYRICS THAT SHE HAS FOISTED UPON US FOR THE LAST DECADE+??? :barf:

HAHAHAHA.Yeah then we'd get mobbed by homicidal Britney fans screaming out lyrics to her song as they assaulted us.We'd probably have to put on RED CLOUD'S "When Kenpo Strikes" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJd_FpS3nPQ&feature=fvwrel and get tuh whoopalizin off on a sea of misguided scantily clad stupid teen and tween anus...hey,waitaminnit,that don't sound too bad...

Latest Discussions