Your Oscar predictions

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, I've managed to see all the nominees for Best Picture except for 127 Hours and Blue Valentine.

I think it will come down to True Grit vs. Black Swan. King's Speech is the dark horse that might take it though.

Inception would have been up there, but that was 8 months ago, and the Academy can't remember that far back. Lots of great movies have ended up snubbed that way (thinking of Saving PRivate Ryan).

Oh and Halie (sp?) Steinfeld certainly deserves the Best Supporting Actress award, even though she is actually the LEAD actress in True Grit :rolleyes:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Augh, you actually keep up with movies?

I still have not seen 'How to train your dragon' Secretariat' or 'Tangled'

I think true Grit got rave revues (even if some people went a bit nuts over the 'ZOMG they killed Kenny..I mean Little Blacky' )
But I really like Colin Firth. Such a versatile actor.

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would like for Colin Firth in “The King's Speech” to win actor in a leading role. He's acting is convincing. For best Picture, I would go for The King's speech, as well. The Social Network is the next contender and The Fighter is the dark horse.

OP
G

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Overall, I agreed with the wins. Melssa Leo probably did deserve the award over Hailee Steinfeld, though it was a close call. KIng's Speech was good but not better than Inception IMO, so that played out exactly the way I thought it would :(.

Anyway, Yay Natalie Portman!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My prediction was completely wrong. I predicted I wasn't going to watch it, then I ended up watching quite a bit of the dog and pony show. The only movie I have seen out of all the nominations in all categories was Inception. I certainly wasn't in a position to disagree with the results.

"Finally the Royal Family getting the attention it deserves." -Tweet from The Onion last night.

Latest Discussions