British Journalist accused of hate crime?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this story linked through Breitbart and was wondering if it happened and if it is accurate...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...man-tried-help-tells-pain-branded-racist.html

In shock and trembling, Miss Heathcote-Drury
was led to a back room to wait until two police officers arrived. They took her
name, date of birth and address, and then left. When they returned after
speaking to the couple, she was told she was being arrested for racially
aggravated assault.

'I was absolutely astounded,' she says. 'It
was just total disbelief. I had no idea what was going on, but I kept thinking,
“When they watch the CCTV they'll see what happened.”

'I now know they had spoken to the couple
before me and believed their story without even hearing mine. They marched me
through the store and took me to Chelsea police station. It was the most
terrifying experience of my life. They spent hours fingerprinting me, taking my
details and my DNA, in a stark room. I kept asking if I could see a nurse,
because my cheek was very sore, but I was told the nurse was
busy

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, it is a sadness that altho' there is in truth racism from White British to Asian British it would seem that there is none from Asian 'British' to White British. Until the instruments and enforcers of law overturn such a travesty of perception, ordinary people are on a hiding to nothing as soon as someone of non-White genetic extraction decides that they can get away with what they wish as long as they accuse someone of 'white' genetic heritage of racism.

I start to sound like a Nazi if I say much more because I would employ a variation of the 'three strikes and you're out' rule in such circumstances. I'll tolerate, barely, people wanting to leech off my taxes to have a more comfortable existence than the one they'd have where they had to pay their own way in their own country. Over time they, or their children, will pay back what they 'borrowed' and their cultural strengths will filter into our own.

Those that don't want to be British and actually seek to use our own tolerance against us ... the Channel is that way ... hope you can swim.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only white people are racist </sarcasm>

It 's the same here...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As to the veracity of the story, without some digging I can't say for sure. The fact that it is in the Daily Mail gives me reason to doubt that the 'facts' are being presented clearly or in context. However, the general timbre of the tale, which is of a lop-sided balance when it comes to social 'justice', is one that rings true with many these days.

I have noted before that abuse and unfairness builds bitterness and distrust and that is something that cuts both ways. So there are those who have been treated very poorly and develop what is called in polite circles an "attitude" - their actions rebound back onto others who were not responsible for their bad experiences and those others, in turn, develop an attitude of their own.

It's a horribly corrosive negative feedback loop and the consequences are that those who would not have dreamed of behaving nastily to their fellows become possessed of opinions that would have shocked them only a few years back. That process is only accelerated and made of greater magnitude by those who 'game' the system for advantage, giving plenty of fodder for tabloid headlines.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As to the veracity of the story, without some digging I can't say for sure. The fact that it is in the Daily Mail gives me reason to doubt that the 'facts' are being presented clearly or in context. However, the general timbre of the tale, which is of a lop-sided balance when it comes to social 'justice', is one that rings true with many these days.

I have noted before that abuse and unfairness builds bitterness and distrust and that is something that cuts both ways. So there are those who have been treated very poorly and develop what is called in polite circles an "attitude" - their actions rebound back onto others who were not responsible for their bad experiences and those others, in turn, develop an attitude of their own.

It's a horribly corrosive negative feedback loop and the consequences are that those who would not have dreamed of behaving nastily to their fellows become possessed of opinions that would have shocked them only a few years back. That process is only accelerated and made of greater magnitude by those who 'game' the system for advantage, giving plenty of fodder for tabloid headlines.

I could not have said it better.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we can't tell from the words she spoke to the couple is the tone of voice and her expression she had when talking to them. As we know from here words without tone of voice, body language and the expressions can seem very different. She may have actually been very aggressive causing the couple to become in turn aggressive, we don't know. I've seen quite a few supermarket checkout arguments and they can escalate into violence fast. Both sides get heated and start chucking insults at each other very quickly, I'm at a bit of a loss to know why supermarket queues seem to be a bit of a risky place to be! People take offence very easily when they are piling their shopping on at the checkout, it's like road rage! I suspect both sides here are guilty of this type of supermarket queue rage and it all got out of hand. The racial part of it probably didn't have anything to do with initially it was just an added thing to use against each other.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What we can't tell from the words she spoke to the couple is the tone of voice and her expression she had when talking to them. As we know from here words without tone of voice, body language and the expressions can seem very different. She may have actually been very aggressive causing the couple to become in turn aggressive, we don't know. I've seen quite a few supermarket checkout arguments and they can escalate into violence fast. Both sides get heated and start chucking insults at each other very quickly, I'm at a bit of a loss to know why supermarket queues seem to be a bit of a risky place to be! People take offence very easily when they are piling their shopping on at the checkout, it's like road rage! I suspect both sides here are guilty of this type of supermarket queue rage and it all got out of hand. The racial part of it probably didn't have anything to do with initially it was just an added thing to use against each other.

well, there is that extra special note:
Its not enough that the other person does not like me, it's that he/she does not like me because of my skin color, etc, and not - heaven forbid - because I acted like a complete jerk....

The checkout line is a testy place to be, because we already ran the gauntlet of the market, now we have to stand in line, tired and all, ready to go home.
I for one have resigned myself to the fact that the line I am in will be slow, regardless, so I don't get upset. But I am only too happy if I am pulled out when I am standing behind a person using government assistance to pay for it (not because they are on that, but because it's a PITA to ring up...)

(had something else on my mind to say, but I got sidetracked for an hour...ah, my mind isn't what it used to be...)

Latest Discussions