Breitbart & newsbusters, why they are hated...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one reason so many people hated Andrew Breitbart and his "big" sites and now are really going to hate newsbusters.com...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/the_left_is_losing_the_media_wars.html

Brian Stelter of The New York Times credits NewsBusters.org for being the first to catch NBC's edit. He provides a link to this NewsBusters post dated March 30. However, the NewsBusters story is actually based on, and links back to, a story published here at Breitbart.com two days earlier. In that story, author Dan Riehl highlighted the edit to the Zimmerman 911 tape as it appeared in print at MSNBC. The MSNBC story was originally published March 21st, six days before the same edit was used in the Today show broadcast.
Yesterday, a Reuters story credited both Breitbart.com and NewsBusters for bringing the problem to the attention of NBC executives.
It is likely that, if not for conservative new media, the misleading edit, which inflamed racial tensions in the Martin case, and which was repeated by Stetler's own New York Times, would have gone unnoticed and uncorrected. As it is, the producer responsible for the edit at Today has been fired, but the individual who made the same edit to the earlier MSNBC story (since corrected) has not been identified or disciplined. Nor has anyone at any other outlet or network -- many of which made similar selective editing choices -- been punished.
The questions are only just beginning on Editgate.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And here I thought it was because they are a tertiary source with a blatant agenda that makes questionable leaps of logic, like americanthinker.com

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
And here I thought it was because they are a tertiary source with a blatant agenda that makes questionable leaps of logic, like americanthinker.com

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Which is somehow worse than secondary news sources with blatant agendas that make questionable leaps of logic?

Latest Discussions