boot camp

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Samantha said:
The "as many situps as you can do in two minutes test": 66

The "as many pushups as you can do in two minutes test": 12 regular, 36 modified (on my knees).

How long it took me to "run" a mile - 10 minutes 55 seconds.
Scores from week three:

Situps in two minutes - 66 (this made me so mad. I couldnt do ONE more. [time ran out])

pushups in two minutes - 20 regular, 28 modified (they both add up to 48 but I think doing real vs modified is better)

run the mile - 10 minutes 10 seconds.

The time isnt that much better but I noticed a difference in my stamina. Whereas in week 1 I could do 3/4 of a lap (1 lap = .25 mile) before I had to walk and catch my breath, I ran two laps before I had to this time. Still not the greatest but definitely getting there.

My legs are looking nicer too.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great work, Samantha. You are obviously a highly motivated and intelligent young woman. I expect we'll all be hearing great things about you in the future!

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
Scores from week three:

Situps in two minutes - 66 (this made me so mad. I couldnt do ONE more. [time ran out])

pushups in two minutes - 20 regular, 28 modified (they both add up to 48 but I think doing real vs modified is better)

run the mile - 10 minutes 10 seconds.

The time isnt that much better but I noticed a difference in my stamina. Whereas in week 1 I could do 3/4 of a lap (1 lap = .25 mile) before I had to walk and catch my breath, I ran two laps before I had to this time. Still not the greatest but definitely getting there.

My legs are looking nicer too.
This is really inspiring, i have half heartedly wanted to do something like this but i think after reading this thread i am going to actively look into doing something like this. So thanks for the inspiratation and good luck with it, i think its awesome.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Those are some respectable scores. The run time looks to be your weakest link actually and unless you enjoy running can be the toughest to improve if you have plateaued.

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's really good to see! Even though the time improvement isn't huge it is noticiable! Keep it up
hugs
Aqua

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I ran two miles today.
on 3.5 hours sleep.

and I didnt throw up, even though I wanted to because I somehow kept getting yucky crap in my throat. (use your imagination).

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go Sam keep up the great work it will pay off one day soon!!
Terry

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Samantha, I would say cutting down your time by 45 seconds is great. Give it some more time and you might knock it down by another 45. Keep it up.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good job, Samantha. Are you noticing an improvement in your Kenpo as a result of this boot camp training?

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only on the days I dont have bootcamp - friday and saturday. I do kenpo 2 hours a day on top of the daily bootcamp, so I'm already a bit worn at the edges when I arrive to class mon-thurs. I have found that my upper body strength is improving.

The days I DO have bootcamp I'm probably a bit worse than my average, honestly, because I'm sore and tired.

One of my instructors told me today, "you got thin!"

:)

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
boot camp is over, yay!

I ended up losing 7 lbs in the process. now, to keep it off over the holidays.... I opted not to find out my scores for the last testing session. It doesnt matter, because I can see the improvement.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sam said:
boot camp is over, yay!

I ended up losing 7 lbs in the process. now, to keep it off over the holidays.... I opted not to find out my scores for the last testing session. It doesnt matter, because I can see the improvement.

Sam, that is fantastic! Your right, doesn't matter as long as you see the improvement, that is all that matters! You Rock!

:asian: Lisa

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
:shrug:
Andrew Green said:
Warning: Taking the above seriously shows a serious mental problem and is grounds for being committed to a mental institution.

:shrug:

(just kidding)