Bob xl

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions for those of you that use Century Martial Arts Body Opponent Bag XL. How much free space, measured along the shaft, is there between the base and lowest adjustment and the highest adjustment? What is the shaft diameter? I'm asking to see if another Wavemaster bag can slide over the shaft and sit between the base and the kicking portion of bob to allow for a greater kicking area to practice leg kicks. Two kicking backs in one.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say... contact Century and ask them. I do know (because I followed my own advise) that the wavemaster bags and the normal BOB can use the same base, but I had no reason to ask about the XL.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Am I understand this correctly: You want to fill in the gap between the base and the torso with another heavy bag?

We don't have one here at the dojang (yet), so I can't actually measure it for you, but I've used them in the past and I don't think you could fit another full-size bag on there. Maybe if you cut down a bag in half? Also, IIRC, it's like other freestanding bags in that the higher up the torso is, the wobblier it is. Just something to keep in mind.

OP
T

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Am I understand this correctly: You want to fill in the gap between the base and the torso with another heavy bag?

We don't have one here at the dojang (yet), so I can't actually measure it for you, but I've used them in the past and I don't think you could fit another full-size bag on there. Maybe if you cut down a bag in half? Also, IIRC, it's like other freestanding bags in that the higher up the torso is, the wobblier it is. Just something to keep in mind.

I was thinking about one of the smaller wavemasters, a childs kicking bag. The height doesn't bother me, after all, I don't want to practice kicks on little people all the time!