BL's 1 inch Punch

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Take notice of the different terms popping up...
"Short range"
"Short power"
"Shock power"
etc...

WC, at least how I learned it, is centered around "shock power"...whether it's long or short; regardless of limb (arm, leg etc)

But, it's an interesting thread so far!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's the ration that you have ever used your "short power" vs. "long power" to knock your opponent down?

1. 0/100?
2. 25/75?
3. 50/50?
4. 75/25?
5. 100/0?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
He posted it on up in the thread Steve. Pretty cool. So many guys here in Washington State.
I saw a demo where he gets pusjed, but not the party video he mentioned. If i missed it can you link to it?

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I saw a demo where he gets pusjed, but not the party video he mentioned. If i missed it can you link to it?
Oh, my bad. I thought his 1 inch punch he showed WAS the party thing. Probably doesn't have the party vid then. Just google Bruce and watch his 1"er.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh, my bad. I thought his 1 inch punch he showed WAS the party thing. Probably doesn't have the party vid then. Just google Bruce and watch his 1"er.
Maybe not . But he mentioned that it was shared all over social media so I'm betting he can share it . if you're cool with it, I'll juat wait for him to speak for himself.

I have seen bruce lee"s.

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
Take notice of the different terms popping up...
"Short range"
"Short power"
"Shock power"
etc...

WC, at least how I learned it, is centered around "shock power"...whether it's long or short; regardless of limb (arm, leg etc)

But, it's an interesting thread so far!

I think Bak Mei power generation is quite different. Wing Chun does not quite look like this in its approach:

OP
DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Explosive...!

Thanks for this vid. Seems he throws a LOT of waist into it; seems more punch here too, since he withdraws the punch quickly...more punch and maybe 3" of push? Didn't Bruce usually lead with his strong hand, right hand? So it was already there to throw, not a cross.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Like that supposed phantom punch Ali put on Liston. It seemed to be such a short punch, coming out of nowhere. Yet Liston went down.

That was just a short right hand to the jaw. Clay called it an "anchor punch".

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was just a short right hand to the jaw. Clay called it an "anchor punch".
His mamma named him Clay, I’m a call him Clay.

Umm hmm that’s right, he always be Clay to me, I don’t give a F what he change his name to. He is Clay, I say Clay.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
His mamma named him Clay, I’m a call him Clay.

Umm hmm that’s right, he always be Clay to me, I don’t give a F what he change his name to. He is Clay, I say Clay.

Y'all may disagree, but for me... He's the greatest ... whatever name you use.:)

Now to get back on topic, forget whether it's one inch, several inches or a full foot. It's short-power, and it ain't no push!!! And yes (to John Wang's question) it is very useful in fighting regardless of style.