The Wing Chun Curl

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So many different terms. Well yip man terminology I know is way different. I believe it is refered to as Gan sau. Barring arm.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
So many different terms. Well yip man terminology I know is way different. I believe it is refered to as Gan sau. Barring arm.

Thats why its great your putting the pictures up there mate , I can look at them and tell you exactly what we used to call them with out any confusion , its so hard to descibe Wing Chun moves in just text and what makes it even harder is we all have different names for the damn things .

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, me I try to use the names that appear mostly on google.

Jum Sau is actually called Sinking hand.....what do you call it?

Thats why its great your putting the pictures up there mate , I can look at them and tell you exactly what we used to call them with out any confusion , its so hard to descibe Wing Chun moves in just text and what makes it even harder is we all have different names for the damn things .

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, me I try to use the names that appear mostly on google.

Jum Sau is actually called Sinking hand.....what do you call it?

Jum sau is Jum sau, chit sau is a different movement.
We do it instead of gaun sau. But, it flows nicely from chit sau to gar sau gives you good forward pressure on a uppercut punch to stomach.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I practice my Jum sau to punish my foes upper cut. I want my hand to cut into their nerves on soft side of their arm.

Jum sau is Jum sau, chit sau is a different movement.
We do it instead of gaun sau. But, it flows nicely from chit sau to gar sau gives you good forward pressure on a uppercut punch to stomach.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I practice my Jum sau to punish my foes upper cut. I want my hand to cut into their nerves on soft side of their arm.

But of course. Jum sau's good for that. Chit sau hurts soft side of forearm too. That's why Mook reminded me to wear the forearm pads. Totally forgot about wearing those things. But, I'm not usually the "attacker" in class like that. Hubbie usually plays that role.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Too bad for hubby. Do you guys use tiger balm. Its good for those strikes against your arms. Relieves the pain...

But of course. Jum sau's good for that. Chit sau hurts soft side of forearm too. That's why Mook reminded me to wear the forearm pads. Totally forgot about wearing those things. But, I'm not usually the "attacker" in class like that. Hubbie usually plays that role.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Too bad for hubby. Do you guys use tiger balm. Its good for those strikes against your arms. Relieves the pain...

Usually, white flower is good too. But, we broke now, use vicks. Works really good! lol!
and windex for all other ailments! haha!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard bengay works well too...No really seriouslly I am not joking. But Dit Da Jow and Tiger Balm are pretty cheap.

I understand the broke part. I sometimes save up a little from three pay checks to buy a measly eight dollar bottle.

lol

Usually, white flower is good too. But, we broke now, use vicks. Works really good! lol!
and windex for all other ailments! haha!

Latest Discussions