Black Friday

kungfu penguin

Green Belt
Reaction score
the thing aout black friday that chaps my hide is where is the "xmas" spirit? if you are willing to knock down trample or injure someone to get a stupid x box ,playstation, or whatever. Then there is something wrong! there has been one person killed by trampoling people in my town a person [who worked at walmart] was put in the hospital and one time in my town the police had to be called to calm down the riot. if you need a sale that badly maybe you need to focus on what your family NEEDs and not what they WANT!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its time to blow the dust of this thread, it was started in 2005. So does anyone have any plans for venturing out in the we hours of the morning? All you lurkers here is a nice safe thread to respond to. We would like to read what you have to say. What the Big Ticket item this year?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We need new bedding and kitchen linens. Those are the only things we're really looking for that day.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The merchants here are starting to gear up for Black Friday. I actually saw signs in stores on Halloween announcing their hours. So as Cyrozombie said when he started this thread back in 2005: Is anyone venturing on Black Friday? Again I will invite the lurkers to post here. Its a nice safe thead so start on..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hells no, no black friday for me.

It's cheaper to buy retail than to bail me out of jail....

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes! I am headed out this year once again. The youngest is now a teen and needs/wants higher ticket items, I need a new dishwasher, and with my daughter moved out, they need some items I can usually find well-priced at Kohl's.

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So Walmart had a pre-Black Friday event on yesterday - Saturday the 5th - and others retailers are pushing a "Black November" sales concept.

Is the cynical old fart in me beginning to think in a couple of years the retailers will have pushed Black Friday deals back to the first Friday after September's Labor Day - and therefore everyone will be able to sleep in with Turkey & Carbohydrate hangovers on Thanksgiving Friday as the Pilgrims and nature had intended?
:confused:

Last edited:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No Black Friday for me either. My wife will prolly venture out as she as done for the past years. I am not invited as my patience with stupid people was never long and it seems to have shortened..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thankfully a lot of store honor their Black Friday deals online as well. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well tomorow is Black Friday..If you are venturing out I hope you have a safe and productive day.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My oldest son has some money he needs to spend down (social security back pay), and he is consistently cooped up in a house with little activity and few opportunities to get out. So I took his checkbook and got him a 32" flat screen for $250, an LG DVD/Blu-Ray player for $50 and movie tickets for $7.75 ea.

*sigh*

Latest Discussions