Black Friday

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't shop sales. If i need something and it is on sale great. I actually save money this way because I'm not buying a bunch of stuff i don't need ;)

I hate black Friday. If I do get something it is ordered online. Grumpy people shopping, crazy traffic on bad roads as it is.... NO THANK YOU.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This year's Black Friday plan is to take the family to Ford Field in Detroit and watch some my local high school football team play for the state championship.

Go Montague Wildcats!!!!!

It will be cool to finally see some good football played at Ford Field this year.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This year's Black Friday plan is to take the family to Ford Field in Detroit and watch some my local high school football team play for the state championship.

Go Montague Wildcats!!!!!

It will be cool to finally see some good football played at Ford Field this year.

LOL... your right. Maybe Barry Sanders cursed Detriot for not giving him the extension he wanted.

Of course Matt Millen is an idiot (keep in mind I'm a 49ers fan and they are who he played for and i still think he is an idiot)

Your day sounds like a much better way to spend Black Friday ;)

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This will be my first Black Friday spent getting up early and shopping ........ For the last 15 years I've spent Black Friday getting up early and working retail!!

I actually enjoy the crowds. And the early Christmas decorations. And the noise. And the canned Muzack coming over the PA system. Hoping to find some really good 4th gen mp3/mp4 players on sale, and maybe a new gaming computer.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I too used to work retail. Through the years people just go even more rude and impatient. Something I just can't handle anymore.... hence why i'm no longer in retail.

BanannaSmoothie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i was an assistant manager at walgreens the year ps3 came out and xbox was the rage. here is my black friday experience from that day.

"what the f--- do you mean you dont have ps3 OR xbox?!?!?!"
"sir, this is walgreens, there is a walmart, best buy, and circut city a mile down the road"
"oh bull sh--, those guys are out of them. i know you have them"
"sir, this is walgreens, we carry vitamins, make up, junk food, and tampons. if you need tampons we have a great deal on them today"
"f--- you, i'm calling your district manager"
"thank you, have a great chanukkah"
"f--- you jew, i celebrate christmas"

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have problems with the lack of general politeness and the "me first" mentality most people today seem to have too. But I put it aside when necessary and on Black Friday, it's sometimes necessary ... "When in Rome..." is a lame excuse, I know, but when you say it? And then see the reaction? It sure feels gooood. :EG:

If you see a nationally advertised deal on flat screen monitors, please let me know - I need a couple. :D

So on the way home today I try to stop and get gas. I pull in and wait for someone to get done and leave. Well while I am waiting I move so other vehicles can get by easier. Well this puts my into a spot where I now ahve to back up to get the spot I was waiting for. So this other guy then jumps in and grabs it. So, I sao ok no big deal the other one is leaving. Nope she locks her vehicle and walks inside to do some shopping. Could have moved her vehicle. But NOOO!

So, I try to go around now and get another open one. Three other people dive for it. I had the truck in 4x4 and jsut floored it chirped the tires then slammed on brakes and slide. Then I reversed with lots of throttle and then lots of brake. Got my spot, and then got out just talking to myself about how no one is ****ing polite anymore. How everyone is out for themselves. So **** everyone. Of course I am looking at everyone who was shocked at my attitude until they heard what I was saying. Some people just left. Others put their head down in shame. I continued to just verbalize my disgust with everyone until the place was pretty much empty when I left.

I know not the best behaviour. But bad behaviour, sometimes requires a mirror or mirror like action and a hit on the head (* figuratively *) so they know that this is them being rude, but now I am doing it back.

I muttered have a nice ****ing day in there all the time as well.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My brother and I use to wait until Christmas Eve to do our shopping...Out the door by 7 and done by 10...Then to the bar for morning cocktails while the packages were being wrapped...Ahhhhhh the good, old, simple days..

Last edited:

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Its called black friday because companies generally used to get in "the black" during the month of November. The 4th quarter is where most of the retailers money comes in. So naturally they had to commercialize it to reep even more profits.

Have i mentioned i hate black friday....

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its called black friday because companies generally used to get in "the black" during the month of November. The 4th quarter is where most of the retailers money comes in. So naturally they had to commercialize it to reap even more profits.....

I was wondering where that name came from

Really????

Last edited:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its called black friday because companies generally used to get in "the black" during the month of November. The 4th quarter is where most of the retailers money comes in. So naturally they had to commercialize it to reep even more profits.

Welcome to the club

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the club

I remember working one Black Friday when Tower City Center was brand new and folks were waxing nostalgic by taking the train in...Many were crushed by the fact that train drivers no longer carried money changers, and had not since sometime in the early 70's...

Last edited:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would rather be with the British Army on the first day of the Somme (1916) than go to a mall on Black Friday..... and, yes, I do know how awful the battle was.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1 day to go..As for myself I am meeting with a group of local police instructors for lunch at a resturant that is NO WHERE near a shopping mall..

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My husband, daughter, dog, and myself will cozy up on the couch and watch the Outer Limits DVD's I bought hubby for his birthday. We have some Jason Statham movies we haven't watched yet, too.

Yep, leftover turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, baked onions, broccoli, pumpkin pie, and TV.

I'll be hanged if I'm going to get caught up in the craziness. On the otherhand, my daughter is learning how to drive. She could pick up some great defensive driving skills at our local Wal-Mart...or literally crash.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the otherhand, my daughter is learning how to drive. She could pick up some great defensive driving skills at our local Wal-Mart...or literally crash.

Yep, and depending on who she encounters inside some great defensive tactics skills..

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yep, and depending on who she encounters inside some great defensive tactics skills..
So true. People are so darn rude at Wal-Mart. I have been so tempted to sidekick a grocery cart out of the way more than once (ok, every time I go in there). I have to remember that good martial artists don't start fights.

Master Trudgill gave a clinic at our school about two years ago. He flew from Wales and his clothing got lost. He asked my daughter if he should go to Wal-Mart to buy new clothes. Her reply was, "You can but you will see Americans at their worst."

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like malls on a good day, let alone on black Friday. Just getting into and out of parking lots will be bad.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So true. People are so darn rude at Wal-Mart. I have been so tempted to sidekick a grocery cart out of the way more than once (ok, every time I go in there). I have to remember that good martial artists don't start fights.

Master Trudgill gave a clinic at our school about two years ago. He flew from Wales and his clothing got lost. He asked my daughter if he should go to Wal-Mart to buy new clothes. Her reply was, "You can but you will see Americans at their worst."

Walmart American store Billshit that is all I have to say about that.

Latest Discussions