Black Friday

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would not plunge into the rabid cattle herd on the aptly titled Black Friday if all the cashiers were strippers handing out free prime rib on plates made of $100 bills...... there is nothing that would make me want to be a part of that insanity.
Since we're both in Upstate NY, I will volunteer to brave the stripper frenzy for you. Just PM me your shopping list, remit payment for your items to my Paypal account, and don't forget to throw in a bit extra for tips for the ladies... :lol

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since we're both in Upstate NY, I will volunteer to brave the stripper frenzy for you. Just PM me your shopping list, remit payment for your items to my Paypal account, and don't forget to throw in a bit extra for tips for the ladies... :lol

You should be nominated for Sainthood for such an unselfish act..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have resurrected this thread as Black Friday will soon be upon us...I have gotten lucky that last 3 years concerning this date..2 years ago I was assigned to the dispatch center so I didn't have to deal with the masses..Last year I was out with a knee injury and this year with a back injury....So I was wondering if anyone here is going to brave the cold and the crowds to pick up some deals????

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ME!!

A couple of years ago you couldn't find me within 5 miles of a shopping mall or store of any kind for the entire weekend. But last year .... :D

Last year I got amazing gifts for my whole family - practical, useable gifts plus a couple of flat-out-fun electronics - for a total UNDER $400.00 I have watched sales and clearances all year long since and I have not once found a single deal to rival the ones I got that day.

I'm looking to spend even less this year ... and I'm getting up at 2 am to do it. Gets me out of the kitchen sooner and absolves me of cleanup dooty.

As an aside, the most amazing deal-getters I saw last year was a group of well-organized adults who were shopping for everything. I spoke to one who said this is the time of year they buy everything - linens, tableware, cookware, small and large appliances, tools, electronics, clothing ... all basic needs as well as gifts. Each adult had two cell phones and a bluetooth in each ear, were accompanied by a friend/family member and corralled two baskets (where I was). Fascinating ... and, I think, overkill. Admirable, nonetheless, in its execution.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have never shopped on Black Friday in my life. Maybe I'll give it a try this year.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife told me that she is venturing out on Black Friday..Leaving the house at 4 AM...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife will be going out. I lose my patience quickly in crowds, and then people get broken... :lol:

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you thinking shopping on BF is bad try working. I worked at EB games the years the GTA 3 came out and it came out on BF, it did more $$$ sales in one day than the #1 selling album off the year did (which i think was Backstreet Boys)

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife will be going out. I lose my patience quickly in crowds, and then people get broken... :lol:

And my wife thought that I was the only one like that...I am vindicated...Thanks...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would not plunge into the rabid cattle herd on the aptly titled Black Friday if all the cashiers were strippers handing out free prime rib on plates made of $100 bills...... there is nothing that would make me want to be a part of that insanity.

Same as last year, if you do hear of such a Black Friday promotion, please PM me. Thanks (again)! ;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And my wife thought that I was the only one like that...I am vindicated...Thanks...

I have problems with the crowds and lack of politeness.

Although this year I am thinking of going to a place for a flat scren monitor. I just have not found which one yet.

Thanks

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, along with those that allow their kids to run wild while they shop...

Something about 5 or 6 in the morning makes the crowds (and the kids, if they are there...) a bit more mellow ;)

I dunno if I will go this year. I'll be at my mom's so if she wants to go, I'll go with her.

Unfortunately I bought my holiday air travel in August when fuel was a lot higher than it is now, so my Thanksgiving and Christmas travel ended up costing me double what it did last year. That didn't leave me with a lot of room for gifts :( So...I'm their present this year! LOL!

Drac....what are you doing with that wrapping paper?????? :lol2:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have problems with the crowds and lack of politeness.

Although this year I am thinking of going to a place for a flat scren monitor. I just have not found which one yet.

Thanks

I have problems with the lack of general politeness and the "me first" mentality most people today seem to have too. But I put it aside when necessary and on Black Friday, it's sometimes necessary ... "When in Rome..." is a lame excuse, I know, but when you say it? And then see the reaction? It sure feels gooood. :EG:

If you see a nationally advertised deal on flat screen monitors, please let me know - I need a couple. :D

Latest Discussions