Big Jon McCarthy to retire

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have heard that Big John McCarthy will retire after tonights show.
Anyone got more information on this?

I for one will miss his presence if he dose

You know, I will too. I remember once I was watching UFC and they had their guest referee start the show like they often do. But I hadn't really noticed that it was common, and I was thinking "Hey, where's big John!" and I was kind of annoyed.

Then big John came on later, and I was "Oh, Ok Then!"

I don't know why it matters, but you get used to seeing him in there keeping the fighters as safe as possible.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I will too. I remember once I was watching UFC and they had their guest referee start the show like they often do. But I hadn't really noticed that it was common, and I was thinking "Hey, where's big John!" and I was kind of annoyed.

Then big John came on later, and I was "Oh, Ok Then!"

I don't know why it matters, but you get used to seeing him in there keeping the fighters as safe as possible.

I always got the impression that in most fights he could probably take either fighter, should he need to

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I always got the impression that in most fights he could probably take either fighter, should he need to

Weighs about 240, Gracie Black Belt, LAPD officer and trainer.

Yeah, Big John would have done alright on the other side of the ring. I'm hoping to see him do widely recognizable stuff in the future.

Thanks for the 14 years, John. Awesome job.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Weighs about 240, Gracie Black Belt, LAPD officer and trainer.

Yeah, Big John would have done alright on the other side of the ring. I'm hoping to see him do widely recognizable stuff in the future.

Thanks for the 14 years, John. Awesome job.

He was also going to fight in UFC 1 but had Royce chosen over him since royce was smaller and as such would be more impressive to display Gracie Jujitsu to those that didnt know about it.

Latest Discussions