Best grappling art for the ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What's the most effective grappling art for the ring...? Sambo? Bjj? Or Judo? Which one is most effective and why? I have my own opinion, what's yours? Hopefully I get some responses from new people and not the same old farts like usual.

OP
BmillerWarrior
Reaction score
You will have to do more than one. I like folkstyle because of its focus on reversals.

Which is important to know if somone is trying to hit you.
What are some grappling arts that compliment one another best for the ring or just in general in your opinion?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NHB or MMA competition

Just look at what is going on, you have wrestlers and BJJ practitioners. And at the top level everyone does some of both.

Partially it's a matter of numbers, in North America at least there are far more of those then other grappling styles, except maybe Judo.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bmiller, have you started your Judo training yet?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh not you again,...anyway you should know this since according to you you already have loads of ring experience

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
On the front page, right now, you've got:
*Best grappling art for the ring (today at 5:40 PM)
*Kyokushin vs. Judo (Friday at 1:03 PM)
*Which grappling art compliments Judo best bjj or sambo? (Thursday at 6:45 PM)
*Which arts compliment a Judo base? (Tuesday at 5:40 PM)
*Which martial art compliments Judo better Taekwondo or Hapkido (Nov 21)

Over the past 2 weeks you've basically asked the same question, to a different degree, over and over again, on the same forum, and have expected a different answer. I want to draw your attention to the Judo forums:
Jujutsu / Judo

They will probably tell you to go out and train, though.

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think it's depend on the situation. I recommend everyone that at first get your position then attack.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
With your obsession about which art is most effective in the ring under NHB or MMA format, why don't you not train MMA and be done with it?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
With your obsession about which art is most effective in the ring under NHB or MMA format, why don't you not train MMA and be done with it?
Because that means he'd have to actually go train and we know that won't happen

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Apparently he's had tons of fights already.

OP
BmillerWarrior
Reaction score
Excessive rudeness, disruptive behavior
For those of you talking ****... What's funny is I would easily beat the **** out of all you despite your TMA background. Then I would take your blackbelt and slap you in the face with it and show you how big of a joke your art has been all these years.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
For those of you talking ****... What's funny is I would easily beat the **** out of all you despite your TMA background. Then I would take your blackbelt and slap you in the face with it and show you how big of a joke your art has been all these years.
Real classy buddy

Last edited:

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
R

read the question correctly toolbox. I said I have my opinion. Looking for opinions of others.

You have looked for the opinions of others in several threads already. If you want more opinions, ask somewhere else or have the patience to let the threads develop. Respond to questions with something other than machismo.

I don't think you'd make it past white belt in any TMA with an attitude like that. Nobody's talking crap. We're saying it's pointless to ask the same question over and over again, when you could be out training. You claim to want to learn TMA, what with asking about Judo, Taekwondo, Hapkido, Karate, etc, yet now you're bashing them? Two weeks ago you were looking for Karate schools, then you were dedicated to Judo but still are "feeling out" other schools.

JUST.

GO.

TRAIN.

You're not going to get a much different answer. If you want to learn Judo, or any martial art, asking questions about which is best or wanting opinions from others isn't going to do you much good. Go to local schools and see if you're a good fit. If there isn't a Judo school, or you don't like the Judo school(s), take another art. It honestly doesn't matter what martial art the school says, the most important thing is that the master is a good instructor and the student is willing to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions